Chapter 31: The Bonds Of 1-A

Start from the beginning

The class turned towards Izumina, expressions of concern masking their thoughts of sympathy.

Izumina felt herself shrink as the embarrassment of crying once again washed over her. "I-I'm fine, really," Izumina stuttered as she avoided direct eye contact with any of her peers. The wounds from earlier had re-healed themselves already, and her arm had stopped trembling. Izumina forced herself to meet Momo's gaze after realizing this, hoping to put her friends' worries at ease. "I just need some water and I should be good to go."

Momo nodded understandingly before reaching into her stomach. A mixture of blue and pink sparkles surrounded her hand before it emerged with a glass, filled with a clear substance Izumina assumed was water. Momo stepped towards Izumina and offered the drink up kindly.

"Thanks, Momo." Izumina hummed as she graciously took the glass. "Your quirk is truly incredible."

Momo smiled before turning towards the class and speaking once more. "We should always start with the basics to develop depth of learning. We must strive to devote ourselves wholeheartedly. Otherwise, we cannot become top heroes."

Izumina took a sip of water from the glass as she stared respectively at Momo. 'No wonder she got in on recommendations,' Izumina thought.

"All right everyone," All Might spoke, "let's change locations and start the second match. Tackle this training after thinking about what we just talked about."

"Right, sir." The class saluted as All Might selected two new teams. "Team B are the heroes, and Team I are the villains!"

All Might gestured for the students among those teams to follow him before leaving the monitor room. Izumina chugged the last of her water before handing the glass back to Momo. "Thanks again," Izumina said, bowing slightly before running after All Might.

"No problem," Momo replied. "Just don't overexert yourself!"

Izumina spun on her heels to give Momo a thumbs up before jogging out the door.

"Do your best," Kirishima yelled after her, his passionate voice following her out of the room.

"Good luck," another person called, this time Mina. 

Izumina smiled to herself as she caught up with her group. Even if she had only known these people a short while, she counted herself lucky to have found such good friends in them.

"Match two," All Might announced as they approached, what he called, Battle Building B.

Izumina, who up until now had been oblivious, finally took the time to see who she'd be working with and fighting against. She immediately recognized Shoji, whose multiple limbs and tall stature stood out in any crowd, and upon closer look Toru Hagakure, who wore nothing but gloves and boots. Izumina guessed that it was her hero costume; however, the thought of the girl being naked made her slightly uncomfortable. She would never be able to walk around comfortably like that, invisible or not. For that, Izumina had to give Hagakure kudos.

Next to Hagakure was a boy with a large tail, wearing what looked to be a white karate uniform. Izumina didn't know his name but recalled seeing him around in the past couple of days.

Finally, Izumina's gaze fell on a boy with ice covering half of his body. She hadn't realized it at first glance, but despite not being able to see his ever so eye-catching flaming red hair and scar, Izumina recognized the boy to be none other than Shoto Todoroki.

Izumina made her way behind tail-boy and Hagakure towards the building, waving at the hero team as they stopped to receive their coms and capture-tape from All Might. "I guess I'll see you in there, team."