Chapter 36: Trip To USJ

"Oh, you're wearing your P.E. clothes," Uraraka noted as she and Izumina approached Izuku out front. "Where's your costume?"

"It got ripped up during the combat training," Izuku explained, "so I'm waiting for the support company to fix it."

"I mean-" Izumina chimed, fiddling with her backpack straps as she realized she was the only person wearing one. Her cape hung over it awkwardly, which made her look like an off-brand teenage mutant ninja turtle. She slid her backpack off her shoulders and held it from the grab handle. "You really did a number on that costume. I suppose it would have to be sent back to the support company if you want a full fix, as opposed to just a minor patch up from the support course teachers here at U.A."

Just then, a whistle blew, causing the class to turn towards Iida. "Class 1-A, gather round," he called as he stood before the bus. "Form two lines by your student numbers in order to make boarding the bus go smoothly!" Iida blew his whistle twice more as he karate-chopped the air.

"Iida's going at full throttle," Izuku mumbled as he, Uraraka, and Izumina sweat-dropped.

"Lines by student number," Izumina reiterated to herself as she recalled her number, 21.

Izuku laughed as he and Uraraka walked towards the bus. "I guess we won't be bus partners this time, Izumi."

"But-" Izumina said, holding her hand out to Izuku and Uraraka. "Friends..."

"See you on the bus!"

"Ouch," Izumina called after them. "If I develop abandonment issues it'll be on you two!"

"Don't worry, mon amie," Aoyama called, twirling next to Izumina. "You'll still have moi."

"Aww," Izumina cooed as Aoyama used her shoulder as an armrest and flipped his hair over his shoulder. "You're the best, Aoyama, and might I add that your cape looks stunning, as usual," she added with a posh accent. "It's so twinkly!"

"Merci, I had it made like that on purpose! It is très chic, non? And, I love the fleur-de-lis symbol you added to yours!"

"Merci, right back atcha," Izumina said over her shoulder as she and Aoyama boarded the bus.

As soon as Izumina had climbed the steps of the bus she realized that the layout was unlike what Iida had described. Seats lined the walls of the front half of the bus, creating a more relaxed atmosphere. At the back of the bus, there were six pairs of chairs, split down the middle, similar to a normal school bus.

Izumina glanced to her side, where only one seat remained amongst the small cluster that faced inwards. She offered it to Aoyama, waving at her friends-- Kirishima, Kaminari, Tsuyu, Mina, Sato, Iida, and Izuku-- who took up the other seven seats, before walking to the back of the bus. She passed Bakugou and Jiro, as well as Uraraka and Momo as she walked down the row. She noticed several more of her peers seated in the back row before suddenly realizing that there was only one seat left on the bus... next to Todoroki.

Breathing to shake off her nerves Izumina hesitantly spoke. "May I sit here?"

Todoroki looked up, his expression unamused before he closed his eyes and shrugged.

Izumina waited for him to say more but when he didn't she decided to just sit. She placed her backpack on her lap, to keep it from taking up any of Todoroki's space, and pressed her back against the comfortable seat. Despite not wanting to take up space, as to not disturb Todoroki, Izumina left her cape in its full form as opposed to pressing the button that transformed it into a hood. Something about the fabric truly did comfort her.