6: The interview + Dream-Quackity

Start from the beginning

After getting down her measurements, I sit once more with Finn and Mariza to consult about what types of gowns they wanted. An hour and a half later, We all agree on images and bid farewell. Before they leave however, Mariza hands me a camera with a charger.

"So basically your job is to film yourself making the gown. You can do whatever you want basically, a time-lapse or a monologue. We'll get the camera back after the dresses are finished." Finn explained.

Simple enough. I tell myself, I just really hope to not bore the audience. And on that note, They leave and I begin working. I turn on the camera, press record, and set it on a couple of small boxes on my desk to face me.

"Uhm hello! Finn and Mariza literally just left soooo I guess its just you and me! Wow, how do people just talk in front of a camera pretending someone is talking back?"

I cringe at my words. I stop the recording and set it into time-lapse mode. I then begin working on the base of Finn's dress. It's a bit stressful knowing the camera is recording me. But I quickly brush off the thought and continue working.

~

Many hours go by and the camera starts to flash a red light, indicating it's on low battery. I stop the time-lapse and press record one final time for the day.

"Uh so basically I finished the base of Finn's gown. We agreed on a simple design. Its a bit short on the first layer, kind of like a maxi-dress. But the outer layer is going to be longer, and I'm going to add like a stain-side skirt. It's gonna look great just trust me." I say as I laugh a bit.

"Anyways, That's the end of day one! I am going to close up, then charge you..." I say as I point to the camera, "And I'm going to be filming again tomorrow! The dresses should be done by....the next two weeks? give or take a couple of days."

I stop the recording then turn off the camera. I did as I said in the recording, then plugged in the camera before getting ready for bed. I checked my phone. 9:09pm. Damn, I have a class in the morning and I REALLY don't want to go. Well, that's life.

I turn off my phone, also plugging it in to charge. I drift off to sleep.

_

Are you confident?

I open my eyes to an empty space, dark and endless. I look around and see a familiar figure standing before me. He seems to resemble a teenager but at the same time...an adult? He has an arched posture, not exaggerated but it's noticeable. He looks at me with kind eyes and a small smile.

what are you talking about?

The gowns, are you confident in your skills in making the gowns?

how do you know that? only me, jeremy, techno, finn, and mariza know that i'm dressing them for the ball...

I know you Danni, I'm inside your mind amor

Amor? who the fu- wait.

I recognize the person now, why didn't I see it before? the beanie, the posture, the smile.

quackity?

Hi Danni!

you don't even follow me on twitter, you can't be ACTUALLY in my dream...

Maybe I am or maybe I'm not, what I do know is how you feel.

well then how do i feel?

You're scared, you're scared your gonna fuck up the gowns and your business will go down the drain. You're scared of letting down Finn and Mariza because they're your most popular clients ever.

damn, you got me there dream-quackity. what should i do then?

Be confident, trust yourself. Don't be doubtful. Just as long as you stay truthful to who you are, you should do fine!

wow....barbie just called, they want their movie plots back.

Dream-Quackity laughs, using the contagious tone I admired for a long time. I found myself starting to giggle a bit as well.

well, thanks for the advice anyways dream-quackity. but i might wake up soon.

Wait! Please don't go...

He sounded genuinely sad, like he was about to be left alone like an unwanted child at the fair. I look at him to see both worry and fear in his eyes.

why? do you want something or...

He hesitated a moment before asking. But what he said caught me off guard.

May I have this dance?

As if on command, an old-timey song plays out of nowhere. I look to see dream-quackity hold out his hand. I mean, if its going to be my dream then I might as well enjoy it right?

I take his hand and we slow dance. Quite a lovely experience you ask me. Even if this is made by my mind, its calming and I never want it to end. He stares into my eyes and I stare into his.

We both know we never want this moment to end.

I dismiss the thoughts and focus on him, and only him.

Just the two of us dancing,

in an endless void,

neither of us wanting it to end...

-

1421 Words

A/N
wow got a bit poetic there huh? anyways hope you guys enjoyed the dream-quackity concept! i thought of it on the spot and just added it in. See you guys in the next chapter!!