" Whoops," Juuzou said, just realizing that his current weapon was sent flying in another direction. As it landed, it produced a loud, huge clang, but no one seemed to care.

" No hard feeling, Rei," Nashiro said, the two rushing at him again as soon as he landed.

" I could say the same thing," Juuzou said towards them and smiled before he placed a knife in Kurona's ghoul, "Please don't hold this against me."

" Kurona!"

" I'm alright. It'll heal," she said as she took out the knife without any hesitation, a great amount of blood flowing down her eye.

" Heal?" Juuzou asked as the twins just gasped. Juuzou unbuttoned his shirt to reveal numerous knives, " Will there be enough.. time?"

Ayato and Shinohara continued to send attacks to each other, and there was not a single time given for each of them to create a plan

Ayato and Shinohara continued to send attacks to each other, and there was not a single time given for each of them to create a plan. Shinohara, who wore his quinque named 'Arata', could mostly block his attacks rather than attack him.

' He's fast.'

They continued to fight again and again, not until Shinohara made a shallow cut in Ayato's shoulder. Ayato backed away from him and muttered a curse to himself, ' Damn it..'

***

Ayato, who was wounded and tired from all the fighting, lied on the floor. He tried to get up several times with his wobbly legs, and the officer stared at his opponent. Shinohara got in a stance with his quinque being gripped on his hands. Ayato finally stood up and punched the CCG officer softly before his knees met the floor.  He slowly made eye contact with him and what Shinohara could do was to stiffen a bit, a peculiar feeling in the pit of his stomach.

" The boy held out his hand, and said, ' Be my friend,'" a man said as two children cuddled onto him while he was reading, "Godot smiled happily and shook the boy's hand. The end."

" Again!" Touka said and her father just sighed, showing them his fatherly smile.

" Yeah! Again!" Ayato agreed.

" All right."

It was night already and the two indigo-hair-colored siblings were lying in the futon they shared, their father looking at his two children with a hint of sadness and love in his violet orbs.

" Good night, Touka...Ayato..." Arata said and switched off the lights. Little did he know his son was awake and saw him depart the house, shutting the door tight.

" Dad.." Ayato muttered.

After recalling that memory, he finally collapsed to the floor.  As Shinohara stared at the body, a kagune suddenly appeared out of nowhere and attacked him.  Ayato's body was dragged by the kagune and what came out of the smoke was Kaneki. It wasn't the usual Kaneki. He had something covering his eyes and no one ever saw him like that. He looked insane and probably is.