Can we talk?

Fuck. I can't sleep. I tried forcing myself to sleep for what seemed like an hour, but no luck. Nightmares are waiting for me. What makes it worse is they were about Alucard. Nothing but bad things were happening to him. I tried to help him, but I couldn't. I felt helpless.

Hence, now. It's painfully quiet in this room. Damn, it's silent in the castle. It's driving me crazy. I can't sleep and the quiet is bothering me. I need someone near me. Normally when this happens, I have my stuffed cat, Mittens, right next to me. I would hold him and I could sleep with no hesitation.

Since I don't have my sleeping partner, it's lonely in this bed. Fuck it. I'll go ask Alucard if I can sleep with him. Well, on the floor. If I sleep in the same bed as him... I'm getting on his lap and kissing him. Or give him one sloppy head, whichever comes first.

Wait, a minute. No. Bad girl. Bad!

I will not sleep in his room. I'll go see if he's up to talk for a while, then I'll head back to my room. Yeah... that's better. Yes. No? Ugh, I don't know.

After the piggyback ride, I realized it was mentally hard to let him go. The strangest thing is my arms, and hands, and where he held my thighs left a tingling sensation. I can't explain it, but the feeling didn't leave until about half an hour later.

Everything about him, from his scent and touch to his eyes and voice, is addicting. I can't stop thinking about him. No matter how hard I try, I can't stop. As much as I want to be with him, something almost like a force is telling me not to.

Is it bad for me to hope that I'll wake up in my room? In the real world? That all of this is a dream? I should enjoy his company for as long as I can.

Grabbing the thin sheet off the bed and wrapping myself in it, I left my room. Walking past the dark halls, I could hear my heart beating louder with every step I made.

'Here it is. His room.' I stood there for a few minutes. Maybe this was a bad idea. I should head back, right? No, I'm doing this. Taking in a deep breath, I kicked the nerves out.

"I'm already here. Just do it." I muttered to myself. Gentle knocking on the door, I open it to peek my head inside. Alucard sat up, surprised to see me.

"Kara?" My body had a mind of its own at this point as I walk into his room, coming closer to the bed with the blanket now wrapped tightly around me.

'Say something.'

"H-Hi." Yeah. Real smooth.

"What's wrong? Is everything alright?" He moves his body to the side, ready to get off the bed. Play it cool. It's not like I'm asking to cuddle with him. I just want to talk to him. Also, try not to fall asleep here.

"I was wondering if you're free to talk?" He tilted his head to the side, confused. "Talk? Talk about what?" I shrugged. "I don't know, anything. I don't want to go back to sleep yet."

"You know we have training in the morning? Why can't you sleep?" I sighed and sat on the floor.

"I tried. Honestly, I did but I couldn't." I said.

"The reason?" He asks.

"Nightmares." I blurted to him. So much for playing it cool. It's only a matter of time before I tell him I want to fuck him.

'Please, Lord don't let that happen soon.'

"Maybe I'm getting them because this place is too quiet," I told him nonchalantly. Alucard got off his bed to sit on the floor however, I ushered him to sit back on the bed.