Chapter 2

After I saw Tony at that GSA meeting, he started popping up everywhere. I never noticed him before, and the next day I saw that he's in my math class. Have I really been that unobservant?

I kind of want to say hi or just smile at him, but I can't seem to work up the courage. Instead I took to staring at him when he isn't looking. Well, tried to anyway. I got caught. A few times. Every time he caught me I would try to hide my face in my arms quickly.

A few days of me doing this go by before he comes up to my desk before class. I look up at him, and he smiles.

"Um... Hi?" I say it like a question, and cringe.

"Hey." He lowers down to his knees so that we're at eye level, and my eyes dart around the room, refusing to make eye contact.

"I'm, Oliver," I tell him, nodding for no reason.

My eyes settle on my hands where I'm peeling my nails on the desk. He looks at my hands too, raises an eyebrow, but doesnt say anything about it.

"I know," he states nonchalantly. "Youre the new kid in GSA, correct?"

"Uh-huh. Yup," I say, and there's a pause before he continues talking again.

"What do you think?" He says, and I look up, expecting something, but he isnt presenting anything for me to look at.

"About what?" I ask tilting my head slightly to the side, and he chuckles.

"The GSA meeting? It was your first, so what did you think?" He asks, and I can feel my face heat up in embarresment.

"Oh! That. Right. Yeah it was cool, I guess," I say uncertainly, then look at him, making eye contact with him for the first time.

He lifts his hand up and leans his head against it. My worries slowly ebb away as we just sit there in silence. Then the bell rings, snapping me out of it, and my anxiety coming back in waves at how I just spent the past few seconds just staring at him.

"Sorry..." I smile nervously at him.

"Don't be, It's fine," he assures me, and the tension that had begun building in my shoulders drop.

After he goes back to his seat, and the teacher is in the front talking, I'm still thinking about him.

He just always seems so at ease, helping me feel the same, even if it's just slightly. I shake my head somewhat violently. I cannot already have a crush on him. That was the first real conversation we've ever had.

Im such an idiot

         *     *    *

Eathen snaps his fingers in front of my face, and I jump slightly.

"You in there?"

"Uh-huh" I say, going back into my daze, and he narrows his eyes at me.

"Olly?" He tests.

"Uh-huh," I reply again, just wanting to be left to my thoughts.

We're in the cafeteria, and Eathen's been rambling about whatever while I stare blankly. I've been trying to disipher the conversation I had with Tony this morning.

"Alright, what's up?" He asks then shakes me around.

"Ah! Eathen what! Stop!" I yell, trying to swat him away, but he ignores me.

"You've been spaced out this whole time! What're you thinking about?" He asks and finally stops shaking me.

"Nothing," I mumble, knowing he's probably gonna tease me.

"It's definately something!" He says exasperated and throws his hands up. "The last time you were like this was when-" He stops mid sentance and stares at me exitedly. "Did you meet someone?"

"What!? No..." My blush gave me away.

"You did! Who is it?" He asks eagerly.

"I'm not telling you," I state, and he sighs.

"Fine then. Im just gonna have'ta annoy you until you answer the question." A mischeivious grin makes its way on his face and I groan. This isnt going to take long at all.

"Hey. Hey. Hey... who was it? Olly, who was it?" He starts, then his eyes glint as he remembers that I'll most likely tell him if I'm in little space. He switches his tone to slightly higher pitched, and stern at the same time. "Olly, you should tell me who it is."

I feel myself slipping so before I get too far into little space, I cave. I dont like going into littlespace at school, surrounded by people who will judge me. "Alright! I'll tell you, stop talking to me like that," I say, and he smiles innocently, as if he's done nothing.

"Well?" He asks when I hesitate.

"You know that one guy from GSA? Tony?" I ask, and prepare for his reply.

"Yes! He's the guy? Oliver, for once you have a crush on someone who isnt straight!" He says loudly, and I shush him.

"Be quiet! I dont have a crush on him, okay? He's just... He caught my interest. I dont actually know him enough." Eathen rolls his eyes as I continue. "Besides, I dont want the whole freaking school to know."

"Your secerets safe with me!" Eathen salutes, mocking me.

"It better be," I grumble.

"Aw come on," he starts in the tone. "You gotta be nicer olly."

"Nuh-uh" I say, and cross my arms. I cant help it anymore, and I allow myself to go into little space. Besides, its not like anyone is going to be listening.

"I'll give you my chocolate covered granola bar," he bribes, and I perk up.

He gets out the mentioned granola bar out of his back pack, and I try to snatch it, but he moves it away just in time.

"Not until you promise to be nice." I stick out my bottom lip slightly, pouting. "Olly," he says in a type of warning tone.

He never actually does anything, and we dont have any rules or anything, but sometimes he acts like a caregiver, and Im glad for that. I kind of need it sometimes.

"Fine," I say, voice slightly higher pitched than before, still pouting. "I'll be nice."

Eathen smiles and hands over the goods. Im about to grab it when he moves it away again. "You promise?" He asks, and I sigh dramatically.

"Yes, I promise, can I please have it now?" I whine.

"Okay, if you say so," he says, and lets me snatch the granola bar from him.

I start swinging my legs as I tear open the wrapper, when a pair of dark eyes catch my own from a little bit down the table. I blush and hide my face in my arms as I realize Tony probably just saw and could most likely hear what just happened.