The Only Promise You Didn't Mean

Start from the beginning

My phone vibrates. It was Alex. 
I saw towards Charlie.

"Yes please. You can take it. No problem."
I picked up the phone. 

"Hi." I said.

"Hy baby. Where are you?"

"I'm at the site. It's a pack up."

"Ok. I'm coming to pick you up."

"Ya…"

"Oh Hi Ellie. Come in!" I saw back. Ellie was standing at the door.

"Just a second. Hold on." I said to Alex and kept the phone down.

"Wow! So this trainee is selected for a permanent job in your Dad's Big Company! Amazing!"

"Excuse me!" Charlie tried to stop me but I stopped him.

"What do you mean Ellie?" I asked her looking straight in her eyes.

"You have done a plastic surgery right? So you have impressed many men with this face of yours right!"

"Stop it! What the hell are you bluffing? Do you have any idea? Not everyone does a plastic surgery because of being pretty. AndI have achieved this Job by my abilities not by this beauty okay. So shut the fuck up!"

I didn't even want to listen what she wanted to saw next. I just went from there.

I came out. I realized Alex was on call.

"Umm. Sorry I…"

"Who the hell was she? How dare she? I can cancel her ad shoot in a second okay. Just tell me her stupid name. "

"Calm down Alex. I didn't knew that My boyfriend is so protective about me."

"I'm coming there. I'll sue her."

"Hey! Relax!  It's not a big deal! It was normal! In college after this plastic surgery everyone were calling me…" 

"What?"

"Forget it na! It's past. Now it doesn't matter. What matter is just you. "

"Michelle" I heard my name from back. It was Ellie.

"Just a sec." I said to Alex.

"I'm sorry Michelle. I shouldn't have said that. Actually I like Charlie. And he likes you. So I was jealous."

"Are you mad? He doesn't like me! Come on! We are friends! He even know about me and my boyfriend.  We are friends okay. So don't be jealous!"

"I'm so sorry! Please forgive me!"

"Fine! It's okay."

"Can I ask you something?"

"Ya."

"Why did you had a plastic surgery?  If not for beauty then?"

"An accident. I had an accident. I don't know who did it. The driver was drunk or maybe the breaks were fail. I don't know. The car just hit me and went away. The driver didn't even stopped for a second! "

"Such a brutal person he must be!"

"Forget this. I've never thought about it. "

"We are going for a dinner. And you have to come. And it's an order from director. So no one can refuse."

"But my boyfriend is coming to pick me up here."

"I'm sending you location of the restaurant.  Tell him to pick you up from there."

"Okay."

"You are so stupid. You forgave her in a second! I would never forgive her. " He yelled at me at the moment she left!