The Last Picnic

Days passed by and we were concentrating on our studies. Only few months were left for our finals. Our professor came and gave us a notice.

"Students, There is Picnic for you. Not for fun obviously.  It is for your new assignment. Have you listened about Queens School Of Design in Mysuru? We are going there. There is a fashion designing competition. And we are going there to observe each and every detail they do while having a fashion show! And it's compulsory for everyone. You all have to write every detail about what you observe and make a report on it. I'll give you marks for it. We'll be leaving day after tomorrow morning. It's  a two day trip. I hope you enjoy doing this assignment because It will surely help you in Masters. And next day we'll go to picnic. Maybe in a nearest park to your hotel. And then we'll return here."

I was hell excited for this assignment.  I always wanted to see what people do during fashion show. All the set ups and clothes and everything. 

We left for Mysuru and everyone were too excited to experience this Fashion Show.  Or you can say Our Last Picnic before Finals.

I was assigned under a girl named Saanvi Singh. One of the best designer in Mysuru. She was kind hearted. Totally perfect in her work. I observed her carefully and took all the notes. She was too supportive to make me understand every single thing. 
The fashion show was a great success.
We went to our hotel rooms. We were around 20 people. 10 girls and 10 boys. So 4 rooms were given to us. 2 rooms for girls. And 2 rooms for boys. 
We went in our rooms and rest for a while.

Every night before I go to sleep, I lie on my bed and stare up at the blank walls. I try to imagine the future but right now it's as blank as those walls. All I can see is the past that has changed me.
Well, I was just lying on the bed with Pree. Suddenly I heard a sound of door. As if someone was coming in our room. I squeezed my eyes and acted as if I'm sleeping. Someone came and hold my hand. Again! A fucking new chapter!
"I Love You Meera!" I heard it. 
Loads and loads of thoughts started in my mind. Why me? Again! Who is it? Why do you like me? What's so special about me?"
And I opened my eyes.
But before I see who he is, he ran away from there… Maybe seeing expressions on my face! He might get an idea that I'm awake! The voice was kinda familiar but I couldn't make it at the moment. I wasn't able to sleep before and after this! I ain't capable to sleep until I get to know who he is!

Next day we went to a park which was near to our hotel. It was a very beautiful park. Children were running around and playing. Lots of happiness and cheerfulness was around me. But my mind was stuck at that man who came last night! I wanted to find out who was he.

Pree came to me and told me to click some pictures of her. I clicked some and then she clicked ours. Her smile... It's the cutest I've seen so far. I always say her that she should keep smiling. She looks best when she smiles. 

She said-" Let me take your pictures. And You have to Smile okay!"

Smile! People are always telling me to Smile, like,smiling is just going to take all the hurt and pain away from me. Well I've tried hiding my sorrows and covering the sadness in smiles. But I've also learned that there is one. One person who understand you. The sorrow. The pain behind this mask.  And that one person is my sister. My everything.

I smiled and Pree clicked some pictures of mine. I took a step back but my leg slipped on the wet soil near me... And I lost my balance. Pree ran towards me.I remember there is a ditch behind me. And barbed wire for the protection. While having all this dreadful things in my mind, I close my eyes and pray if Pree comes to me on time. If she will not come on time, my head will be bursted because of the wire. 

I… I didn't get hurt. Someone is holding me. Holding my Hand and Head. I slowly opened my eyes. Pree was standing at a distance to me.
Then who saved me? The guy from last night? Who? Who is it?

"Max…" 

A classmate of mine. We haven't talk much but I've noticed sometimes, He observes Pree a lot. Maybe that's what he was doing today. And saw me falling.

"Ahh! Thanks Max!" said Pree from back.

"Ya! Thank You So Much Max." and got up. 

I saw his hand was bleeding because of the wire. 
I hold his hand and the bleeding wasn't stopping. I took permission from mam and took him to hotel. 
I applied First Aid to him and he went to his room for rest. I also rest for a while. 

We were leaving in bus to our college.
And I'm still lost in thoughts about the guy last night. Who would it be? I can't be Max. Because I've observed him watching Pree. So No! Max can't be that guy! 

Pree got up from her seat and started saying we should have fun. Everyone started singing songs. 
I heard someone singing…

🎶I Love You Love You Love You.
I believe this must be true love. 
And I Miss You Miss You.
You're my destiny my Love.🎶

I felt as if I've heard this voice before. Maybe the guy last night.
I turn around to see who he is. But he stop singing song. I again missed it. 
I asked Pree -"Who was singing the last song?"
"Max..." 

Ugh! Is it Max? 
Everyone got tired singing. They wanted to play some game. So they decided to play Truth and Dare. They'll pass a  bottle and the last person will ask the question to the recent bottle catcher. 

I felt this is the right opportunity to know if it's Max or someone else. Game started. And the thing I wanted came. Bottle was in Max's hand. And the last catcher was Pree. I slowly asked Pree to ask him about his recent crush.
"Who's your recent crush Max?" She directly asked the question.

Max was startled by her question. He was speechless. 

"It isn't the right time to let her know. But I'll let her know soon. She is very beautiful and smart. And I love her."

Fuck! It's him. The last words make me feel it's him. They sound the same as that guy. I was so blank that I didn't even realise that the ball came in my hand and I'm paused. It's my turn.

"What are your wishes from your partner?" Max asked me.

Firstly I couldn't understand how can I answer to the one who loves me! Is he asking for himself! 
I took a deep breath after seeing everyone waiting for my answer. 

"Nothing much. Maybe some romantic things like tying my hair,  reading book in his arms, going for grocery shopping together, tying my shoe laces, cooking together or giving me a forehead kiss. Anything for above."

"Woahhh! That's damn romantic! Who would be that lucky man to fulfill your beautiful wishes!!!" Pree said in excitement. 

I gave a small smile to her. Game resumed. 
And I again lost in my thoughts. Thoughts about Max. Is it really him? And I closed my eyes. Pree understood I'm tired. And told me to sit towards window so that I can sleep and she can play. 
I closed my eyes and fell asleep. But yet, my mind was awake. Thinking about Max. 

Pree told me to get up. Bus was stopped for a break. Everyone went down to eat something. 
I told Pree to bring a cold drink for me. I rest for a while. Suddenly I felt something on my head. Maybe a kiss!
Damn it! I opened my eyes in case I lose him again!
But no one was there. 
"How's that possible? How can someone disappear in seconds?"

I went down to get some air. I saw Max down. 
How's that possible? Is he a Flying Jatt or something? Or it isn't Max? Someone else? Ugh! My head! I drank a cold drink. It felt so good. It made my mind stop running so much. 

I stood up and saw my shoe laces were untied.
I tied them. Max saw me tying it. If it was him, then he would have tied it. I think I'm wrong about him. It's not him.