•CHAPTER 5•

April 10, 2010Alaric's Residence

April 10, 2010
Alaric's Residence

"So," Klaus began, while cutting the piece of sausage, "You are a werewolf and a Warlock." He smirked, seeing how the boy keeps on gulping down his food like someone is going to steal it, "Interesting."

"You forget to add the adjectives," Henrik commented, enjoying his first breakfast of this century, "An un-triggered werewolf and an Immortal Warlock." He paused, before adding, "Bet, you will find how I become one more interesting."

"Became one? You weren't born Hybrid?" Klaus asked, feeling bewildered, hearing first time about such a strange situation.

Henrik movement paused for a second, which went unnoticed by Klaus due to his bafflement over the current information, before he continued his eating nonchalantly. He might look calm on outside but inside, he was scolding himself. He knows he was almost at the brink of breaking his promise to Qetsiyah and Edward.

"No, I wasn't born hybrid," Henrik continued, trying to look engrossed in his eating as much as possible, "You can say, I am one of the nature's loopholes."

Klaus can say he doesn't want to continue talking about it, seeing how he is fidgeting in his seat.

"Well, by nature, I was born a werewolf." He doesn't know why he is opening himself to this boy. Maybe, it's because he gets a familial vibe from him, or he might be missing his siblings a lot, or... It might be his looks which are too much similar to his dead brother, Henrik, "My mother put a curse on me to correct her grave mistake of cheating my thought-so father."

"Every curse has a way to reverse it. Definitely, you would also be able to do it with your curse." Henrik assured him, looking in his eyes.

"Well, the fun fact is, my mother has given me the solution on how to break it. Strange, right?" Klaus asked nonchalantly, not thinking it's really strange. But, Henrik noticed the strangeness.

"Yah, it's strange. I mean, why will she curse you if she gives you its solution?" Henrik asked, thinking deeply. He paused in deep thought before coming to realization and seeing the look in Klaus's eyes, he knows he is not the only one who got it.

"Unless, she has a trump card in her hand," they both said at the same time.

Henrik was shocked. His mother could do such thing to his brother was out of his expectation. Qetsiyah might have not mentioned it, but he knows how his mother was planning to get her hands on his power in the Other side in order to escape from there. To escape from her death.

At that time, he thought his mother didn't know that her own son was the boy who possesses such power that's why she was behind him to conquer his magic. But now, seeing the situation of Klaus, it makes him think whether he really knew his mother at all.

Upon knowing, she might even use him to cause the destruction of the Other side.

On the other hand, Klaus was berating himself for being a fool for a thousand year. How could he have actually trust the person who is the first reason of his miserable life? He is one god damn idiot.