A Marauders Christmas part one

Start from the beginning

"That's a great idea! I'll get my stuff now and once I've finished my work, we can head down to the kitchens to get the supplies." I said in the most serious tone I could manage. I ran up to my room and finished the Charms work faster than Potter on the pitch.

Then, I grabbed my pyjamas, blankets, pillows, stuffed teddies and some other things. The tradition was when we all stayed in Hogwarts for Christmas, from the 20th until Christmas Day, we all stayed up and laughed, chatted and played loads of games.

It was great fun and some of my best memories have been from those five days. The rule is: no one can sleep until the days are over. We live off coffee and sugar. As it turned out, Hannah and Lily decided to stay for it, but didn't tell me. When I got back down to the common room with my things, I was rugby tackled to the ground by the pair. "Aggghhh!! You two are crazy! Why aren't you on the train home you losers?" I shrieked.

They explained that they wanted to stay for me, realising how mean it was to leave me for five days with the boys as my only company. I agreed, and we ran back upstairs to grab all our things while I explained the new arrangements for this year.

As the girls built a fort for themselves, packed with cushions, teddies, drinks and sweets, the boys were down in the kitchens getting the coffee, chocolate and all things with caffeine from the house elves.

They were happy to oblige, piling Sirius and James' arms high with anything Remus asked for. The trio slowly and stealthily made their way back to the common room, Remus holding the Mauarauders map to check where all teachers and Peeves were.

Once the coast was clear, all three boys stumbled through the portrait door and dumped all their supplies on a nearby table. The girls stared at the pile in shock and awe. "How on earth did you boys carry all that?" Lily inquired. Wrong move.

James slunk an arm around her waist and grinned. "Guess we just have muscles of steel, Lils. So, staying for the holiday traditions then?" He asked. Lily blushed and nodded. Sirius raised his eyebrows at me- Lily never acted like that with James.

I shrugged back at him, then feigned falling before forming a heart with my hands, capturing my brother and Lily in it. Sirius, Hannah, Remus and I collapsed into fits of laughter, sides aching with joy.

James looked at us, Lily threw a cushion at me and blushed even harder, causing us to laugh harder. It ended out in a every man for his own pillow fight. Me and Sirius teamed up, beating everyone else to a feathery pulp.

Hannah aimed a pillow at my ankles, causing me to trip and fall into Remus, who caught me in his arms. The pillow fight stopped there, and Remus smiled awkwardly while I lay still on his chest for a brief, yet perfect moment.

He smelled of chocolate and lemon shampoo.
James walked up to me and shot a pillow at my head, very nearly ending with another pillow fight outburst. Lily stopped it quickly, stealing all the pillows and putting them into a pile. "Get off Moony, you weirdo." James said to me.

I rolled my eyes, trying to stop a blush from appearing. "Yeah yeah okay now there's three boys and three girls, this annual event just got interesting, right Padfoot?" Success. I had changed the topic without a hitch.

We all chatted for an hour or two, then we got the common room ready to be our habitat for the next five days. The actual event didn't start until midnight, which would be Saturday 20th. This meant we had an opportunity to sleep now, and then the games and fun could begin.

After what seemed like twenty minutes of sleep, Hannah was shaking Lily and I awake while James did the same to the boys. "Come on! Twenty minutes to midnight! We need to call our spaces!" She said. Lily and my eyes shot open at this, earning a smirk from Hannah.

We stole half the pillows, grabbed all our blankets we had brought down from the dorm and sat evenly spaced to create a empty-looking circle. There was space for one boy between each of us- that was part of the tradition. Everyone had to sit boy-girl order.

A sleepy Sirius sat down beside Hannah and Lily, James between Lily and I  and Remus between me and Hannah. We passed out the flasks of coffee and bags of chocolate, sweets, caffeine pills, water and sandwiches. We each got our own bag, with enough to last us through the days.

Remus and I had worked it all out in first year when the idea first came to mind and the elves happily accommodated our requests. With five minutes left till midnight, James laid down the base rules. "Okay, no sleeping, we take half hour breaks for showers every other day and ten minutes breaks for bathroom and rubbish disposal every four-six hours. The forfeit for refusal to complete any part of any game shall be decided now." He said with an authoritative tone. We all nodded solemnly.

"Well, how about giving up one of your coffee shots?" Sirius suggested. Lily let out a low whistle. "Harsh, but I like it. We are fifth year now, I think we can do it." Hannah mused.

James and I nodded simultaneously, freaking the group out slightly. "It's weird when you two do that." Remus states. "Yeah, it ruins my dreams of y/n." Sirius said with a wink. James threw a paper ball at him. Everyone laughed.

This was going to be great fun.

Remus checked his watch, perfectly timed for precision. "Okay, ten, nine, eight..." We all joined the countdown, hitting one at the same time. Sirius and I let out loud whoops, Lily punched the air and Hannah giggled at James, who had performed a mini dance.

Remus took out his wand and a bar of chocolate appeared, with six sizeable chunks on it. "Ooh, good idea Moony. Icebreaker first!" James called. We all murmured enthusiastically and the game began.

AN: 1780 words. This was a very long part, but I couldn't find a good place to stop earlier so here we are 😊 Hope you enjoyed xx