The Fight and The Fall

Start from the beginning

The voice hissed like a serpent siren, as Charlie clasped his hands over his ears and staggered out of the bathroom, "Don't you want to know your strength? I can ease this pain Charles".

Charlie could feel himself weakening, giving into the enticements, as he slowly dropped his hands from his ears and let them rest by his side. His breath was shaky as he listened to the voice, allowing the crack in the door of his mind to now become wide open.

"You know the place, come to me and we can help you" the voice spoke, and so Charlie nodded.

He was tired and the energy to fight back was long gone, he felt like a tortured man being offered some sort of freedom that he was in no state of mind to refuse. He rummaged throughout his suitcase and lifted out the pendant, as he held it in his hand the urge to leave heightened. He took a bag in his hand and placed the pendant inside, along with some clothes and a water bottle, while he put on dark blue jeans and a pine coloured sweater.

⤜⤛

Kane couldn't sleep, he tossed and turned wondering what to do about Charlie and the voice. After almost two hours of restlessness, he got out of his bed and squished his feet into some shoes before heading towards the door. Elios was in a deep sleep in the small bed across from Kane's, the boy's low grunts in between rumbling snores only now beginning to irritate him as he slowly turned the door handle.

He walked down the stairs into the ignis lounge, trying to stay as quiet as possible while looking around anxiously for any teachers. As he made his way down the jet black spiral staircase, he almost tripped noticing a thin mist covering the last few steps. It stretched out, lingering against the ignis stone walls and Kane frowned staring at it.

"Shit, stupid Caligossian guard" Kane whispered to himself.

He slowly made his way back up the stairs and headed to his room with a displeased look on his face. He sat on the edge of his bed, looking outside his window deep in thought until his eyes noticed a small figure making its way out of a window and flying down to the ground. He squinted his eyes and stood up, his face almost smushed against the glass as he stared.

"Charlie?" Kane whispered, he opened his window and his eyes slowly began to widen.

Charlie had an oddly shaped bag on his back and was walking quickly towards the school gates, Kane watched him and followed his every move while thinking of ways to get down to meet him. His window was at least three stories up off the ground, and Kane's unusual fear of heights made each possible option unappealing.

"Why can't I have wings?" He muttered to himself as he began tying his sheets together.

He connected one end to his bed while throwing the other out the window, and made his way down while slowly while mumbling to himself about the humiliation this would cause if anyone were to see him. As his feet touched the ground, he eyes darted left and right to make sure no one had seen him.

Kane placed his hands in his pockets and followed Charlie who was already at the school gates, he called out his name in a hushed voice that only got louder the further Charlie got.

"Charlie!" Kane cried out, they were in the forest and now far away from the school gates.

Charlie slowly turned around, his eyes watery and his face red as he stopped in his tracks at the sight of Kane who was slowly following behind. His mouth parted in a small circle as he saw Kane running towards him with a grin on his face, he stuttered as Kane approached.

"Never took you as the type to sneak out Charlie!" Kane chuckled, taking deep breaths as he steadied himself.

Charlie stared blankly at him, struggling to form a proper sentence as Kane's smile slowly dropped, "Where are you going?" He asked.