Chapter Seven: You Book Murderer!

Start from the beginning

Rachel rested her against Bennett's shoulder with a smirk. "I'm loving this view. Three stunning power couples looking down at the most pathetic case of a person just like how it should be."

They all looked at me.

"Well wow, what do you want me to say?" I asked. "You're absolutely right."

"What hurts me the most is how you actually thought you had a chance with them," Rachel said with a sigh as she shook her head in disbelief.

I leaned back against the locker. I should at least make myself comfortable. "Me? Have a chance with them?" I scoffed. "I would never. I'm but a humble mortal, never daring to fight against the tide."

Alyssa snickered to herself. "Just imagine if she really didn't. What would that mean? They would just be friends instead?"

"I heard it's not really possible for men and women to 'just be friends'," Trisha said as she did air-quotes. "One of you either have to be in a relationship or..."

The three of them shared a look and a slow smirk spread across their faces.

"You're gay."

Do you remember when I said that most of my bullies usually cycle through the usual list of insults that it's rare for me to hear something new? This... this is definitely new.

"Oh no, I've been found out," I said deadpanned. "How could you possibly have known? I've thought I've been hiding it so well."

"Way to take the fun out of it, Lorraine," Trisha said dryly.

"Wait," I said abruptly, considering it deeply for a moment. "With that thought process, then maybe... you're gay." I faked a gasp, placing my hand on my chest.

Rachel blinked. "Wait. What?"

"Oh my gosh. Are you? Because I'm totally cool with that. Go pride!" I exclaimed cheerfully.

"That doesn't make any sense," Trisha interjected.

"No, it does," I told them. "Your excessive flirting with most of the male student body could be overcompensation for your love of women. You shouldn't be afraid. We're in a pretty liberal state."

I looked at the guys- Jordan biting his bottom lip in an attempt to stop laughing, Declan holding his hand over his mouth fighting back a smile, and Bennett looking at the other two in confusion.

Alyssa looked at the others. "Is... Is she serious?"

"No... don't tell me. You're... actually in love with me."

If only I was better at descriptive writing to accurately paint the stunned looks on their faces.

"Think about it. Bullying me to be with me at any possible moment. Forcing yourself onto the transfers because you know we can never be." My hand went to my mouth, unable to comprehend this. "This whole time and I never knew. I'm so sorry for not realizing your feelings for me."

"What is wrong with you?" Rachel demanded. "We're clearly into guys. I have only dated guys."

"Do bisexuals suddenly not exist?" I asked thoughtfully.

Jordan coughed, failing to stifle a snicker to himself.

I smiled at them. "Now that we established how idiotic your thinking is, let's move on to another type of insult rather than outing someone just because you think it's funny. I can only imagine how many people you did this to given how dangerous an outing can be."

"Outing someone is dangerous?" Rachel asked in disbelief. "What? They're going to trip on their way out of the closet?"

"Anyway," Trisha cut in. "Just know that you're out of your league, Naomi. Don't try to fight for them back."