venti ❧ cecilia

"ah, this is a gift from someone
very special to me"

venti x readerangst ❧ venti tells aether about the flower on his head

venti x reader
angst venti tells aether about the
flower on his head
.

"My flower....?" Venti questioned, raising an eyebrow at Aether and his floating partner. The bard strummed the lyre before his hand slowly moved to the flower on his hat.

"Paimon was wondering why you wear it all the time. Is it special?" Paimon questioned, folding her arms across her chest.

"Aha— this flower is pretty special to me," Venti muttered quietly, his throat felt dry as an image of you flashed before his eyes. A hard lump formed in his throat as he tried to cast the image away.

-

"Venti!"

The bard turned on his heels to see you sprinting towards him with a bundle of cecilias in hand. A bright smile laced his lips as you stopped before him, handing him the bundle of white flowers.

"Here! For you!" Venti gingerly took the cecilias out of your hands. A sickly sweet scent of the nectar filled his nose. "Thank you (y/n)," he smiled lovingly at you.

"You're welcome—" Your words cut out as a fit of coughs escaped your lips. You brought your hand to your lips before pulling your hand away to see red.

Venti's eyes widened before you quickly wiped the blood on your petticoat. "(y/n)— Your illness—"

You pouted at the bard and shook your head at him. "Venti— it's fine."

Concerned eyes met yours. Venti bit his bottom lip before sighing. "Please take good care of yourself..."

-

Venti plucked at the strings of his lyre, singing a tune. Paimon and Aether stared at him in worry. The tune was sorrowful, heartbreaking. It contrasted Venti's happy persona.

"Oh— I miss you. Oh— How I miss you."

Paimon glanced at Aether before looking back at Venti and said, "Do you think something happened involving the flower?" Aether nodded silently.

-

"V-Venti..."

Your breath was unsteadily. Beads of sweat rolled down your face as you attempted to catch your breath but failed. It hurts to breathe. The bard sat beside you, the two of you were alone in your cottage near whispering woods.

"Yes... (y/n)?" Venti tried to keep his voice as steady as possible but the crack at the end gave away his true feelings. He was incredibly anxious— worried for you. He knew how badly it hurt and knew he couldn't stop it.

"Thank you for staying by my side," you gently smiled at him before a fit of coughs interrupted your words. His eyes widened as Venti quickly reached for his handkerchief and wiped the blood away from your lips.

"It's no problem..." His voice trailed off as his fingers gently pushed the stray hairs from your face. "Venti...?" He hummed in response, his eyes never leaving your resting form.

"Can I ask you a favor?" He nodded, anything for you.

You gently reached over to your side and plucked one of the cecilias from your vase before handing it to him. "Keep this flower and remember me always...?" Venti felt his throat close up slowly. A hurricane of emotions started to build in his heart as he fought back tears.

Silently, he nodded. He graciously took the flower, tucking the flower into his hat. A meek smile on his lips, "I will... Forever and always."

You smiled softly before resting back on the pillow before silence filled the room. Your rhythmic breathing stopped and venti knew.

A single tear rolled down his face as he choked back a muffled sob. His hand was tightly gripping your cold touch.

"I'll treasure this forever."