Chapter 8: Closer

Start from the beginning

"Who said anything about love~"

Techno gawked, realising what he got himself into. 

"Why won't you tell me you love me?" Dream purred, repeating the words he had said last night. 

"S-stop," he flushed. "I just don't like being in love. I'm scared of being in love."

"Why?" Dream moved closer to him, curious.

"Well, I just had... certain experiences when I was young." Techno averted his gaze. "Like when I was fifteen, a girl confessed to me, and I thought I was in love for the first time. Until I realised she just wanted to use me for my riches. Then when I confronted her, her and her friends all just beat me up and spread false rumours of me around school. So I thought everyone would be like that and I developed a fear of falling in love."

"Oh," Dream said softly. "I didn't know."

"It's fine." 

SIlence. "You know, I had my heart broken too, not so long ago. Her name was Sam. She was the second love of my life and she cheated on me. Just like the first one."

"Wow," Techno remarked. "Girls are snakes."

Dream snorted. "No, no, not all! We have, uh... Nikki! And... well, that's pretty much all."

Techno burst into laughter. Dream had never seen or heard him laugh before. It was kind of cute. 

"Hey nerd," 

"Hey, pretty boy." 

Techno blushed. "Stop calling me that, it's cringey." 

"Okay, what did you want to tell me?" Dream giggled.

"Well, uh..." Techno paused, his expression hardening. "Go to sleep, Tommy." 

Dream raised his brow, about to question what that meant. He was answered when a voice outside said a meek sorry and shuffled away. 

"I wanted to..." he stopped again. "You too, Will."

"Aw, come on!" a different voice complained and went away with heavy footsteps. 

"Is there someone else outside?" Dream chuckled.  

"Nah, well, I wanted to tell you..." he stopped again, hearing a whisper from outside the tent. "Go away, Tubbo."

"Okay, everyone outside just go away!" Dream called. Annoyed chatters from figures who sounded like Sapnap, George and Phil came from the other side, slowly fading as they went away.

"Alright, now that they're all gone, I, uh..." Techno twisted his fingers nervously. 

"Cat got your tongue?" Dream teased.

"S-stop, you're giving me pressure." Techno took a deep breath. "Well, uh- I just wanted to say, uh, ever since the kiss, I realised that, I didn't hate you, I don't hate you, I don't think you're a waste of space-"

"You're really horrible at this."

"Shut up! Let me finish! I kinda not hate you, like, I kinda like you, and I always have, but I don't know why I pretended not to, maybe I was just that kind of person, maybe I- uh, I don't know, I hope you could be my friend? I mean, not friend, but like, maybe, I don't know?" 

"I understand."

"Really?"

"No."

"Wha-" Techno protested as Dream erupted into laughter. "Oh, come on, all that, and-"

"I'm kidding, I do. You're such a bottom."

"Hey!"

"Bottom! Bottom!"

Techno was outraged. How dare he call him someone of a lower position? Did he think he was inferior to him? He would not take any more of this. 

The pinkette pounced on him, pinning him to the ground. "Who's the bottom now?" he smirked, enjoying his flustered face. Without warning, Dream flipped them around, ending up on top of him.

"You~" he teased. Techno chewed the inside of his cheeks and looked away, flushing. "You're so pink!" Dream made fun of him.

"Shut up before I kiss you." Techno retorted.

"Whaaaat?" Dream blushed and got off him. Despite all the flirting he did, he still got flustered over a threat to kiss him. 

Techno got into a cross-legged position and looked at him, a smile tugging at his mouth. 

They sat there staring, getting lost in each other's eyes. 

"Since you're not doing it, I will." Techno moved closer to him.

"Wha-"he was quickly answered as the other boy pulled his collar and pressed his lips against his.

Memories from last night returned as they kissed. The same intoxicating feeling. The same heat bubbling in their stomachs. The same atmosphere. The same feeling like they were the only two people in the world. Except this time, it meant something. 

If only they could stay together forever...

~

Words: 1270+

And there you go! Thank you for reading the chapter! 

This chapter may  have been boring to some of you, I just wanted to grow their relationship! It gets more interesting!

And another question:
In the next chapter, would you like to see
1) Normal day, no eavesdropping
2) Others eavesdropped on their conversation and know they kissed
3) they uh- got *cough* closer at night
Let me know in the comments!
(Prediction: I think 1 might be the most popular option? But idk y'all can prove me wrong lmao)

Thank you for all the support!

See you in the next chapter! 

-dainty <3