Chapter 4 (Magic Knights Exam)

Start from the beginning

"All right! I'm gonna do this! I'll be there! Just you wait! I'm gonna become the Wizard King!" Asta started running once again, after that long journey, he still have a lot of energy. Meanwhile Yuno and Demi just walked. Demi wasn't feeling it but her body was tired after the long journey. Her tummy was making noise indicating that she was hungry.

Yuno noticed this and took Demi's hand. He started to walk faster. "We need to get there faster, or your stomach will go on a rampage." He stiffled a laugh when he said that. And ever since Demi's curse came back, it lessened, now she can feel when she is hungry, tired, and sleepy. It's just small but for Demi it's enough for her to think that she's still human.

When they entered the capital there were a lot of stores and things they haven't seen. They weren't accustomed to this kind of place and people. Asta was very amazed that he visited every store but end up not buying anything saying that's it's too expensive. While Yuno and Demi went to buy food. There were a lot of variety so they didn't know what to pick.

A milky brown rectangular shaped food caught Demi's attention. It was new to her so she want to taste it. Demi bought it, and also Yuno. When they took a bite, there taste buds were delighted. It was sweet and also Yummy. "Excuse me sir, what is this called?" Yuno was curious while Demi kept eating it more.

"Ahh, that. It's what you called sweets. And the one you're eating is called chocolate." The male vendor replied Yuno. "Chocolate" Demi muttered. Demi liked it, she might have found her new favorite food besides tatoes. Yuno saw how Demi was enjoying eating the chocolate and bought more for her.

When they met Asta, he was eating something. "Asta what is that?" Demi aked him. Yuno was in between them and looked at what Asta was eating. "Ahh, this? It's a grilled purple snake! It was super cheap so I bought it. What's that?" Demi was still eating the chocolate, she showed it to Asta. "The man said it's called chocolate, wanna try?" Demi pushed the chocolate near Asta's face and he took a bite.

His eyes were sparkling because of the new flavor. "What is this?! This is so yummy! Can I have some?!" Asta saw Yuno was holding small bag full of chocolates and tried to snatch from Yuno. But Yuno pulled it away. "Go buy your own, this is for Demi's." Yuno pulled Demi with her and started walking faster, leaving Asta behind. "Hey you handsome jerk! Give me some of those chocolates!" Asta's words fell on deaf ears, he walked faster to catch up to Yuno and Demi.

"Yuno, where are we going?" Demi asked innocently. "I think the Exam will probably be over there. Let's head there first." Demi looked in front to see a big arena. The three entered it together and registered for the exam.

"You're No. 163. All right, next." Yuno was next and stepped forward. "I'm Yuno from Hage Village." Yuno showed his grimoire to the man and he was shocked to see a four-leaf clover grimoire. "A f-four-leaf clover..." People behind his back started whispering.

"So that's who everyone's talking about."

"Hey, that grimoire..."

"Is it really a four-leaf clover?!"

"Wow..."

"You're No. 164. All right, next." Asta was the next one. "I'm Asta, also from Hage Village! Here's my grimoire!" The man looked closer. "This is pretty filthy. Is this really a grimoire?" The man was doubting Asta's grimoire and Asta started to explain. However the manpaid no attention and just let him through. "Alright, allright... You're No. 165. Next." Asta run away excitedly.

Demi stepped forward and showed her grimoire, however the man's eyes were stuck on Demi's face. "My name is Demi, I'm also from Hage Village, I'm with those two boys earlier." The man didn't look at the grimoire as he put his hand on it. He didn't notice how it was pitch black. "Y-You're No. 166..."Demi left the man in in a daze and walked towards where Yuno and Asta was.