Chapter Twelve: Courage

Start from the beginning

"She may have my will, but she has Bella's humanity, Jace. I let Bella make her decision and look where that got her."

I groaned. "Yeah dude, you had a kid, and it turned out fine. She kissed him, Edward- big whoop. Deal with it and grow up. You make all these negative points but the simple fact of the matter is that Nessie is growing up, she's going to be an adult at some point, and all this crap you're giving her about being a child is going to bite you in the ass and you won't have an excuse anymore. Admit it, Eddie. I know it sucks to see your little birdie leave the nest but the way you're reacting is ridiculous. It's not like he got her pregnant."

He full out snarled at me now. "It's one thing to hear it from Bella and Alice, but you have no right to-"

"To what? Call you out on your shit?" I gave him a look and crossed my arms across my chest. "Nessie is my friend, she's the closest thing I have to any connection of my human life, and I hate to see how this is affecting her. You need to lighten up." I sighed, looking away from him. "Besides, it's hypocritical of you to criticize me for butting in when you know you had no right to make that deal with Jacob."

He didn't respond to this, but simply clenched his jaw and walked way. I felt a small burst of triumph and hoped I had gotten through to him, even if it was slight.

So you're probably confused. There's a lot to catch up on to say the least.

Basically, Edward showed up at Leah's house furious, demanding that Nessie go home. Nessie listened to him, but brought Jacob with her which Edward definitely didn't want. The three of them ran home before I followed short behind them after I said goodbye to Leah. Her and Seth didn't want to be involved in this affair, which was completely understandable.

We arrived home in minutes, as Nessie wanted to involve her mom into the conversation. So practically the entire family sat in the house, listening to Edward berate the lovebirds for kissing.

"Renesmee Carlie, for all intents and purposes, you are a sixteen year old girl. You should not be kissing, especially not Jacob Black." Edward spat his name, stone cold and tense, seething at the man-boy that sat beside her.

"Exactly, Dad. For all intents and purposes," She echoed, validating her argument. " I am a sixteen year old girl, quickly developing into an adult!"

"Yes, surely it wouldn't kill you to wait to kiss him for another year!" Edward exclaimed, nostrils flaring and eyes wide, disbelief coloring his features as she fought against him. It was clear that this was not a regular occurrence with her.

"Edward, she's right. You're taking this a little out of hand- she's a young adult. It's not a problem, they were just kissing." Bella cut in, defending her daughter. "You're worse than Charlie."

Edward tensed, clamming his fingers in his palms as he clenched his hands into fists at his side.

"Bella, do you forget that Jacob is a werewolf, with human instincts? How long until just kissing turns to something else?"

Jacob opened his mouth to speak, clearly offended. Edward quickly held up his hand to stop him. "You have no room to argue, Black. We made a deal."

"Deal? What deal?" Nessie demanded, sitting up on the edge of the couch. Her father winced, realizing he revealed something.

"Dad, what deal?" She seethed at him. Her usual smile and positive demeanor had vanished, as the expression she made made her look almost exactly like her mother.

Edward didn't answer but instead glared at Jacob like he was the one to start this endeavor. Renesmee gave up on getting anything out of her dad, turning to Jacob.