Chapter Eleven: A Forbidden Kiss

"Jace!" Nessie sang my name as she joined me in my newly furnished room, a near exact replica of the one I had at the cabin house. I sat on my sofa reading a book (turns out reading isn't as bad as it seems, the Cullens had rubbed off on me) when she sat beside me with a grin on her face.

"What's up?" I said, closing my book and putting it on the night stand beside me. I turned to face her to see flushed cheeks and bright eyes. She seemed to be too excited to talk, as she was bouncing up and down on the seat. I smiled and laughed at her bubbliness.

"Dude, what happened?" She stopped bouncing and sat still for a moment, biting her lip. She peered one side of her head out, listening for something. I listened with her.

The only thing I heard was the sound of the TV playing idly in the living room, but there was no indication of anyone else being in the house. Everyone must've been off doing their own thing, as I already knew a few of them had gone hunting.

Satisfied with her assessment of who was in the house, she spoke.

"I don't want my dad to know, okay? He'll be furious." She spoke in a low voice, secretive. I smiled and nodded.

She reached and placed a hand on my cheek to show me what she was so excited about, and oh boy.

I was seeing everything in Ness's eyes, and Jacob was across from me, just a small distance away. He pulled Nessie close and leaned in and as he did my heart- Nessie's heart rate increased rapidly. Their foreheads touched, his hands held her face with gentleness, like she was a china doll.

He was slow, too slow and Nessie wrapped her arms around his neck to pull his lips to hers with fervent excitement. Their lips melted together in synchrony as Nessie entangled her fingers in his hair and for a few moments they kissed with such fierceness it made her head spin. Jacob placed his hands on her shoulders and gently pushed her away but still placed his forehead against hers, his breathing coming out in pants.

"Woah." Jacob said, breathless. "Let's not get too carried away, alright sweetheart?"

Nessie giggled at him.

"Sorry."

She was not sorry.

Nessie pulled her hand away from my cheek, leaving me frozen and astonished, my mouth hanging open.

She beamed at me, bouncing up and down again.

"You guys kissed?" She nodded her head vigorously and squealed, too excited to speak. I smiled at her contagious joy and grabbed her hands, squealing with her. It truly was a scene of two teenage girls swooning over boys.

"Oh my god! I would ask what it was like but you showed me I-" She squealed again.

"How do you feel?" I gave her a bright smile. Again, she couldn't speak and put her hand on my cheek.

Excitement, elation, love, flushed, nervous, everything! Jace, I can't believe it finally happened!

"I'm so happy for you! Jake's been around more hasn't he?" She nodded.

He's been giving more responsibility to Seth so he can spend more time with me.

"That's great! I actually have news too..."

What is it? Spill!

I laughed. "It's about Leah."

Another squeal.

Tell me tell me tell me!

"So turns out I do like her." I looked over in embarrassment admitting it out loud, feeling like I was in preschool.