Chapter 16

I stir awake, grabbing my phone to check the time. 4am. I drop the phone back on the nightstand, willing myself to go back to sleep but after minutes of tossing and turning I give up. I throw the covers off myself, and sit on the edge of the bed.

"Floor nine." I mutter to myself, and slip on some shoes. I glance at myself in the mirror, I'm wearing some black silky shorts and a red sweatshirt that I'll shamefully admit is Simons from years ago.

Grabbing my some change, my phone and a room key I pull the door open and step out into the hall.

I gasp quietly, my hand landing above my heart when I look up. "Shit, you scared me."

Simon stops his pacing once he notices me. His eyes take me in, slowly, before he makes eye contact and I can almost see his eyes darkening. "What are you doing up?"

"I woke up, couldn't get back to sleep. I thought some chocolate might help. What about you?"

While Simon hesitates, I take my chance to let my eyes skim his body. He's wearing some black sport shorts, but lacks in the t-shirt department. I snap my eyes away from the washboard abs, ignoring the thoughts that come to mind.

"Simon?"

He shakes his head. "It's nothing, I couldn't sleep."

Lie.

But I know better than to push him, instead I cross my arms. "Well if neither of us can sleep, there's only one solution Bennett."

"And that is?"

"We go ice skating, duh."

Simon laughs. "It's four in the morning, Isabella."

"And? It's an electronic set up, we put our money into the machine, select our shoe size and get a pin to open the gate."

Simon grins. "Fine by me. But we should probably wrap up, we're not in Evergreen."

I nod. "Give me five."

**✿❀ ❀✿**

"Maybe this was a bad idea." I hesitate, not stepping onto the ice.

Simon spins to face me. He's already on the ice, unsurprisingly a natural. "You can't back out now, Iz."

"Slight blip in my plan though Blue, I can't skate."

We both freeze at the nickname that rolled past my lips. The one I used to do with such love.

I clear my throat, ignoring my nerves and stepping onto the ice.

Anything to pretend I didn't just say that.

"Woah!" I wobble on the skates almost falling straight away, but Simons sudden grip on my waist stops me.

Simon smirks. "So if I were to challenge you to a race right about now, I think I'd win."

I laugh and attempt to swat his chest without losing my balance even with Simons assistance. "I don't know, I could probably crawl it."