Chapter 28

"You're sure you wanna do this?" I look from the photo to Simon.

He nods, petting the dog in front of him. We're currently dog-sitting for Abi because her and Hayden are visiting his family upstate. "If we don't tell them soon, they're going to start guessing."

"What do you think will give me away, my constant need to pee or unusually baggy clothes?"

Simon smirks. "Probably the mood swings."

I laugh, but roll my eyes. "Whatever. I'm sending the message."

I glance at the photo that we took a few minutes ago. It's been a little under two months since we found out about the pregnancy, and after managing to keep it hush, we've decided to tell everyone. Instead of trying to gather everyone together, we decided the easier option was to tell everyone at the same time through message.

"It's sent

"It's sent." I tell him after hitting the button.

"Good. Now I can brag to Hayden about having a mini me."

"Assuming it's a boy."

He grins. "Or a mini you. Either suits me."

I laugh, as the messages start rolling in on my phone. The recognisable sound of The Beatles fills the room after a few seconds.

"It's mom." Simon says after glancing up from his phone.

"Guess it's time to face her wrath." I say, making myself comfortable on the couch.

Simon laughs, and throws his phone towards me. I give him a pointed look as I catch it, but Simon only throws me a wink as he pulls a t-shirt over his head.

"Hey guys." I smile, once both his mom and dad appear on the other end of the screen after I swipe the answer button.

"Congratulations! Oh my god, I can't believe I'm going to be a grandma to another baby. When are yo-"

"Wait. You're not angry?"

"Angry?" Brenda exclaims. "Why would I be angry? This is great news. Both you and Olivia are having a baby, I get to take care of two baby's."

I laugh. "Well I'm happy that you're happy."

"Let's see the bump!"

I grin, moving the camera from my face and towards my stomach. Simon drops onto the seat beside me. As the conversation continues down the pregnancy route and the camera pointing out our faces, Simon let's his arm rest against the growing bump. His thumb soothingly rubs against it, something he's subconsciously started doing in the past few months.