They arrived at the Ministry together, flushed and nervous but with barely contained excitement etched on their smiling faces. Sasha's head turned this way and that, keenly interested in the casual, every day magic around her at the Ministry, as opposed to fearful of its unnaturalness.

Though the flying memos and people in robes with wands fascinated her, it would only be for a few moments before her gaze reverted back to Theo; her intended husband more wondrous to her than the world of magic she'd only just discovered.

Draco may have rolled his eyes and called her a "meddlesome little thing" but the rushed aspect of the marriage rankled Hermione and so, in an effort to make the event special, she'd roped in a few guests available on short notice to witness the brief ceremony.

Despite Draco's surly thoughts on the matter, Theo seemed sincerely touched that Harry, Ginny with baby James, Ron, Astoria, and Dennis waited inside the drab office with the bonding official.

And as James Potter made occasional gurgling noises and several of the room's occupants stifled sniffles (specifically Hermione and Astoria, and though he'd deny it later, she heard some suspicious sounds from Ron), Theo and Sasha became husband and wife.

From beginning to end, the entire process took all of ten minutes, but to the newly wedded couple, their joyous expressions signified that this was the most momentous ten minutes of their lives. The happy pair profusely thanked everyone who took time out of their work day to bear witness, and Draco offered to foot the bill for a wedding brunch. Ron immediately changed his tune about returning to the joke shop straight away.

Hermione regarded the entire assembled group fondly; an odd mix of backgrounds and social classes sharing a meal and celebrating an unlikely union.

Astoria had Sasha in stitches as she confessed to all the horrible society events Theo had taken her to over the past year while they both conducted their fake courtship scheme and Hermione could tell the two women were well on their way to becoming fast friends. She'd never seen Theo smile so much.

Two weeks later and the smile still seemed a permanent fixture on Theo's once serious face. The Notts returned from their Moroccan honeymoon as blissful newlyweds and Theo delighted in being the scandalous talk of wizarding society. A flurry of quills raced to dedicate as much print space as possible to the saga of one of the former most eligible and wealthiest pureblood bachelors in Britain and his new Muggle wife.

"You're a trendsetter," he smugly informed Draco over lunch one weekend. "First your relationship inspires the young Greengrass heiress to run off with her secret, Muggleborn beau, next you encourage your childhood friend and fellow Sacred-Twenty Eight member to wed a Muggle. Where will you lead this rebellious contingent of purebloods next Mr. Malfoy?"

Draco scowled in response. "I hardly think it's appropriate to refer to myself and Granger as a trend."

"Hmm, true, that is rather offensive, despite what my dear mother would say on the subject. Which, as it turns out, is an awful lot for someone who claims to never want to speak with me again, and yet the letters keep arriving. And speaking of mothers, yours sent us a rather lovely set of crystal champagne flutes with her well-wishes."

Draco shared a surprised look with Hermione as she wondered if she'd ever be able to puzzle out the motives and actions of Narcissa Malfoy.

-------------------------------------------

Some days, Draco missed the time in his life when only he and Hermione were privy to their relationship, despite the lovely feeling of the world at large knowing she'd chosen him.

Hermione's parents had changed their tune about him, but that also meant they wanted more time together. Narcissa required their attendance at her dinner table or for afternoon tea regularly. Draco was often dragged to the Burrow for Sunday meals. They'd already had a couple stilted, yet pleasant, teas with Andromeda. To say nothing of her (all right, fine, their) friends who also insisted on a slice of time.