Ch. 7 - An Apology

(Nolan's POV )

My breath trembled while the voice on the other side struggled to pass through the door.

Micheal: I just wanna talk. Please, I won't do anything else, I promise.

"I don't care! Go away!"

Everything fell silent. I went to look out the window, which was next to the door. I hid behind the curtain, trying not to make myself obvious. The blue-haired doll rubbed the back of his neck, and began to leave. I closed my eyes, and sighed in relief. Before I could ponder what he was doing there, I heard another voice. A familiar one. I looked out the window again.

Lou: What the hell are you doing here?

Micheal stopped and turned to face the blonde. Lou had a glare to match his stern voice. Micheal looked at the ground for a second.

Micheal: I just wanted to talk. I wanted to-

Lou: Shut the fuck up!

My heart skipped a beat. It wasn't often that Lou sweared. Micheal frowned a little.

Micheal: Look, I know that I-

Lou: I said, shut up!

Micheal fell on his back, after Lou struck him across his face. The blonde practically had fire in his eyes, and steam bursting out his ears.

I rushed outside and wrapped my arms around Lou, hoping to stop him before he did anything else. Micheal sat up and wiped his bloody face on his shoulder sleeve. I approached Micheal. He looked up at me, with a blank stare.
I held my hand out to him. He flinched at my sudden movement. After a moment, he grabbed my hand and I helped him up. Lou came from behind and stood right beside me.

Micheal: I J-just wanted to t-talk. Okay? That's all I w-want.

He gripped his cheek, and sighed heavily. He looked at Lou and whinced as he rubbed his face.

Micheal: Man, you're even stronger now...

Lou continued his glare. He wasn't even blinking at this point. I turned back to Micheal.
"....You have one minute. And then you leave."
I was proud of myself for not stuttering.
I suppose it was easier with Lou  there. The blue-haired doll took a moment to catch his breath.

Micheal: I just wanted to s-say that I'm sorry. For everything. I know that that's not enough to fix things, but I had to try anyways. You deserve to hear it...I shouldn't have done the things I did. I was an idiot to think that what I was doing was gonna get me what I wanted.

He turned to me, and grabbed my right hand. Our eyes locked and he spoke very soft. Softer than I'd ever heard. It wasn't what I was used to, and it felt abnormal.

Micheal: I don't expect you to forgive me. But I at least, wanted to tell you how sorry I am.

A sudden weight seemed to lift off my shoulders. I felt like I could breathe better. Like the air was suddenly clear and soft.
Our gaze broke when Lou cleared his throat.
Micheal released my hand as soon as he saw Lou's stare.

Micheal: That's all I have to say. I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me. I'll be in town for a few days so... If you wanna talk, I'll be here.

He sighed before walking away. When he was far enough, a hand wrapped around my torso. Lou kissed my forehead, and guided me back inside. 

Lou shut the door with a clicking sound, and turned to me. My head hung low. I analyzed the ground, looking at every scrape and mark I could. My back slid down the door until I was sitting. I brought my knees close to my chest. I wasn't necessarily sad or upset. But breathing suddenly began to feel difficult.

I felt a hand rub my back, and pull me closer. I leaned my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes. It felt like Lou could understand. As if he could read my thoughts and feelings. Lou held me close for a while. With each minute, the moon rose higher and higher, while more starts came out.

Lou: Are you okay?

"Yeah... "

Lou stood and bent down in front of me. He patted his shoulders and smiled sweetly. I smiled back and wrapped my arms around his neck gently. He stood up, and wrapped my legs around his torso. I closed my eyes for a moment as he carried me like a child. I loved how we had our own signals for things. It made me blush and giddy inside.

He layed me down on our bed, and tucked me in. He went to turn the lights off and layed beside me. We faced each other and smiled. I reached out to his face, and caressed his jaw.
He looked so pretty in the moonlight.
He brought his nose to mine, and began humming our song. I joined in. When we hummed the last note, he kissed my lips lightly and simpered.

Lou: I love you, Bunny

I smiled at him. He ran his fingers through my hair again, making my cheeks darker.
"I love you too, Lou Bear"

I drifted to sleep in his arms. Somehow, he managed to help me forget all the bad things.

All the negativities.

All the pain.

Even the fact that he would disappear for hours every Friday.