Ch. 4 - Olivia

(Nolan's POV)

The next morning, Lou and I went for a walk. At first, we both walked, hand in hand. The sun's rays kept the breeze warm, while the birds sang. Our hands held each other tightly. Once in a while, Lou would glance at me and smile. I'd do the same. I stopped before taking another step. Everything seemed to spin again. I closed my eyes. Maybe if I close my eyes it'll go away.
Lou watched for a second before placing his hand around my waist.

Lou: Here, let's sit for a moment

I nodded, and he brought me to a nearby bench. The dizziness went away as Lou rubbed my back.
"Sorry, I don't feel that well today. "

He planted a soft kiss on my forehead and pulled me closer to his side. I tilted my head so my cheek lay against his shoulder. He always made me feel better.

Lou: Do you feel better now? Do you want some water? There's a food cart over there.

He pointed to a small cart, not that far from us.
"Um, yes please. If you don't mind."

Lou: Of course not.

He stood and smiled again before leaving. I sighed contently and studied my surroundings. We came here often, but the trees, birds and river were always breathtaking. I inhaled, leaning my head back. I closed my eyes and exhaled. Sometimes, when you close your eyes, you enhance your hearing. It's almost as if you take a sense away, another one will become stronger and more reliable. In that moment, I could only see darkness, but I could hear so many things. The birds chirping, the leaves falling and running with the wind, other dolls laughing and talking. I could hear a camera clicking, and even the other dolls that walked past me.

I opened my eyes and faced forward. A girl stood in front of me. One I've never seen before. Her hair was like dark chocolate, and her skin was tan.
"Hello. Can I help you with something?"

?? : U-um, y-yeah, sorry. I'm new here and uh, I'm n-not s-sure how to find my house.

"Oh! Sure, I could help. Did you get an assigned number? "

She nodded and showed me a paper. A name was written as well as a house number.

"Oh... Olivia is it? "

Olivia: Uh, y-yeah. Sorry, I sh-should've introduced myself.

"Oh, that's alright. I think I know where this is. Here, follow me."

I stood up and lead her to a small pink house. I remembered a time where everything was white. Where everything was expected to be perfect.

"There it is! House 828"

Olivia: Aw, th-thankyou so much!

"No problem!"

She smiled at the house and looked back at me. She sighed and looked down. Suddenly her face looked guilty or something.

Olivia: Actually, I already knew w-where my h-house was...

I tilted my head in confusion.
"You did? So then, why'd you ask me to show you?"

She bowed her head lower and pressed her hands together.

Olivia: I know, I know! I'm s-sorry. I just d-didn't know w-what else to do. P-please don't be mad!

"It's okay. But, why'd you do that, then?"

The stuttering girl stood up straight. Her brown eyes made contact with mine.

Olivia: R-right. Well, uh... I saw you r-resting on that b-bench, and uh, well t-there was a guy taking pictures of you. I p-panicked and got w-worried.