Chapter 53

"Why don't you get Scarlett? I'm sure she'd love to meet her?" I asked John.

"That's a great idea. I'll be right back."

John left the room to go get Scarlett, and I sat there and cradled Emma in my arms. It's the best feeling in the world. I can't wait to finally settle down again.

________

A few minutes later, John walked in the room with Scarlett on his hip.

"Ready to meet your baby sister?" John asked Scarlett.

"No." She whispered back.

I knew why she said that, and I honestly don't know what to do at this point. My own daughter hates me.

"Why not?" He questioned.

Both of them looked over at me. An I could tell that John felt bad for me, and Scarlett gave me an innocent frown.

Scarlett whispered something into John's ear, but I couldn't tell what it was.

He nodded and put her down. She then ran over to me and smiled.

"I'm sorry Mommy." She said, cutely.

"It's okay. I understand." I nodded.

"She's so cute!"

"I know. Just like you! Would you like to hold her?"

"Yes pwease!" She giggled.

I patted the spot next to me and she followed, cuddling up to me and looking down at her newborn sister.

John came over and took a picture, then sat down.

I handed Emma to Scarlett, and her whole face lit up.

"She looks just like you." John said.

She giggled and kissed her forehead.

"That was sweet. Why don't you play with grandma? Mommy and I need to talk for a bit."

I shot him a confused look. All I'm thinking of right now is what he's going to say. Will it be bad?

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR ALL OF THE VOTES! IT MEANS A LOT! DONT FORGET TO COMMENT AND VOTE💘😉

IF YOU WANT YOU CAN FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM!

IG: @/katyhudz

XOXO