Chapter 36

*New Years Eve*

John and I were just sitting, and relaxing on the couch, when I remembered that we were going to have friends over.

"They're gonna be here soon. Let's go get ready." I told him.

"Alright. Now get off of me." He chuckles.

I got off of him and put my hands out, so he could get up.

He gripped both of my hands and brought me in close. Then he pressed his forehead against mine and stared into my eyes.

"Oh now c'mon John we don't have time for this. Mia, Shannon, Johnny, and Markus are gonna be here soon. You go get cleaned up."

"Fine. I'll be right back..." He replied as he slowly let go of my hands.

"Scarlett, honey?"

"Yes, Mommy?" She said, coming from upstairs.

"Shannon, Mia, Johnny, and Markus are going to be here soon. Are you ready?"

"Yes!" She said, as she ran down the stairs.

"Now can you help me set the table?"

She nodded and put the plates on the table.

I smiled and began to put all of the food on the table, then John came downstairs.

"Hi honey." I smiled as I gave him a kiss on the cheek.

He rubbed my back and helped Scarlett set the rest of the table.

*DING DONG!!!*

The doorbell rang and I rushed to get it.

"Katy!" They all shouted.

"Hey guys!"

"Oh you're so big." Shannon said as she put her hands on my bump.

"Wow, thanks."

"It's a joke." Mia winked.

"I knew that." I laughed.

"Hi Johnny." I said as I have him a hug.

"Hello Kate."

"Well come in." I said as I opened the door.

---

The night went by pretty fast, and it was time for Scarlett to go to bed, while the adults stayed up to watch the ball drop.

"John can you put her to bed?" I asked John, pointing to a sleeping Scarlett on the couch.

"Hahahah yeah sure." He replied, taking a sip of his beer.

John scooped her up from the couch and went upstairs, while I turned on the tv.

It was almost time for the ball to drop and I knew everyone wanted me and John to kiss when it did. I wasn't sure if I wanted everyone looking at us. But who really cares, it's a tradition.

John ran down the stairs and all of us patiently stared at the tv waiting for the countdown.

He stared at me, and I'm not sure if I want to, but I think it's worth it. It's a new year.

I walked closer to him, while I heard everyone screaming the countdown. He grabbed my waist and put his hand behind my neck, getting closer by the second.

"3...2...1!!!!!!"

His lips crashed against mine and there was something in that kiss that made me feel, I don't even really know. John makes me feel things that are unexplainable.