Chapter 52

"I sure did! I wouldn't miss the birth of my own child would I?"

Those words made me feel like everything is gonna be okay. I feel safe, and I can't believe he came back.

He ran over, and wrapped his arms around me, making me feel like I'm falling in love all over again.

"I love you." I whispered into his ear.

"I love you too. And I'm glad that you're okay. Now let's have a baby."

He pulled back and gripped my hand. The feeling that's inside me right now is unexplainable.

"You ready, Katy?" The doctor asks.

I looked over at John, who was giving me a nod, and holding my hand tighter.

"Yes. I'm ready."

"You can do it Katy. Our little girl is going to be here any minute."

I screamed in pain, knowing that these situations can sometimes go wrong. But no matter what happens, I know that John is here right beside me.

"You're doing great babe. Keep going." John said.

"OUCH! THIS REALLY HURTS!" I screamed.

"Don't worry. She's almost out! C'mon Katy you can do it!" My mother shouted.

________

The next thing I knew, the nurse pulled her out, and I feel like everything fell into place.

The sound of her cry filled the room, and that was the moment when John looked at me and smiled. I've missed that smile so much, it almost makes me hurt.

"Would you like to hold her?" My doctor asks.

"Y--Yes. Please."

He handed me my daughter, and I felt a sense of relief. This moment is something I've been waiting for, for such a long time.

_______

Once we had settled down, everyone left the room, and it was just me, John, and our daughter.

"I'm so happy to be back." John whispered softly.

I smiled at him, and then looked down at her.

"What do you think we should name her?"

"Well, we decided on a name a few months ago, Emma Grace. But I'm not sure if you still like it."

"No I love it."

He gave me a kiss on the forehead and sat back down.

"Welcome to the world Emma Grace Mayer."

Thank you all for reading! This book will probably end soon! Remember to comment and vote!💘😋