「mist」

第二十九话

Sunlight was a demon's greatest enemy.

It was stronger than any slayer. Any pillar. The break of dawn was like a curse and a single ray of light will bring even the strongest demon to its knees. No one, not even Kibutsuji Muzan, can beat the curse that was sunlight.

That's why, the demon progenitor would stop at nothing to find a way to exorcise this curse that made him disintegrate into the sunlight. There was a cure, but the existence of it could only be confirmed by Muzan's kindhearted doctor... Who he killed in cold blood.

The blue spider lily.

In general, spider lilies were seen as flowers that guided the dead across Sanzu River. But a spider lily that was blue was not even recorded in any historical or botanical book. Yet, Muzan was sure it existed as it was the key ingredient in an experimental serum that turned him into a demon in the first place.

To perfect that serum means to conquer his weakness of sunlight, and he has every means to make it happen. So the task of finding the elusive blue spider lily fell to the upper moons and especially Akaza. But no matter how hard he searched through the night, the flower continued to be a mystery...

Akiho was surprised to see the Kamado siblings once she returned to the inn after her training. It seemed that they had arrived just hours ago, and they would be joining her and Mitsuri for dinner.

"I thought I could be friends with Genya since we were both in the nude," Tanjirou said after swallowing a mouthful of rice. He was describing to the girls what had happened when he went to the hot springs earlier. Genya was there (no doubt trying to enjoy the springs a second time since he couldn't the first day) but he had stormed away when Tanjirou tried to talk to him.

It was understandable, though. Not many people would want to make friends with the person who broke their wrist upon first meeting. Besides, being in the nude with the angry slayer hadn't even worked for Akiho. As the group continued to converse throughout and after dinner, the topic of upper moons were brought up with the Love Pillar praising the teens for their bravery and strength.

"I'm sure you've all heard this from the others, but surviving a battle against an upper moon is already a great learning experience. It's valuable because that's equal to five, maybe ten years of intense training. You're definitely a lot stronger now than when I last saw you both," Mitsuri told them as she worked her hands diligently to braid Nezuko's hair. The demon girl was happy about it and it made Mitsuri grin wider as she raised both of her hands up encouragingly. "Kanroji Mitsuri fully supports the Kamado siblings and Akiho-chan!"