Number One Fan! Interview with Animus_Argentis

This interview is with a writer who writes one of my all-time favorite stories.

His name is Animus_Argentis and the story in question is When Man Has Fallen. I love that story. A lot. He also writes some other good stories like Hellfire and Wolf Pact as well as writing a large collection of poetry. I know that not everyone gets him but Preston is a great guy once you get to know him and I'm really glad that he gave us all this opportunity by doing this interview.

So, I hope you find this one as fascinating as I did.

***************************

1.    You're pretty young but you already have an impressive amount of work posted. How old were you the first time you wrote something? What was it and is that when you really started to write?

Oh goodness. That was a long time ago, lol. I guess it would probably have started almost eight years ago, now, when I was fourteen and a freshman in high school. I began writing this, then pedantic, little story about a young man with no real life, who is one day visited in his dreams by an ancient creature of vast, godlike power, and discovers he is a fallen angel, reincarnated again and again, as punishment for wounding and spurning The Creator of All. Now, he has a chance to redeem himself, by saving the world from an ancient scourge, a primordial enemy of the universe and order. With the ability to become any animal he chooses, even new and frightening hybrids, and a unique ability to step outside time and space, he doesn't know why he must redeem himself; he only knows that he and his other half can stop the world from being swallowed by chaos and terror.

Oops, went a little too far with that one. At any rate, there were these two girls, who kind of started reading my stuff and really liking it. They would read everything of mine... And I don't remember if it was an accident or not, but one day, they got ahold of an angry suicide note of sorts that I'd written, venting and detailing my abuse... They were concerned and eventually, through me writing those letters and their reading, they helped me escape a situation I'd been dealing with for almost ten years and trying, unsuccessfully, to unearth for at least five, in a matter of weeks. From that point on, I realized that I had a power with writing, and that the pen was indeed, mightier than a sword. Writing, and those girls, saved my life.

The above story has never been finished, though I somewhat plan to make it my magnum opus, my final masterpiece before death.

2.   Who is your biggest influence in your life and why?

Well, as much as I'd like to romanticize with this question, I'm gonna have to go with the above abuser. There were many facets to the abuse, the biggest of them being emotional, sexual and psychological. His abuse has made/caused me to analyze myself, my emotions, and my personality on a level far deeper than I ever would have done otherwise. Deep, deep inside me is where I find my characters, without a doubt. And without all the pain he caused, I never would have had to search so far into my soul.

3.   If I asked everyone who knows you to briefly describe your personality, what word would I hear most often, and why?

... Care-ogant. Yes, I made that up. You asked for one word! Lol. I'm somewhat of a bipolar individual... Not necessarily emotionally, per se, but in my dealings with life and people. I'm a very prideful individual; I've worked hard to get everything I have, and I am proud of the talents I've been blessed with. I'm very blunt with my opinion and honest in my dealings with others; some might argue, even to a fault. However, I am also a very caring individual, with a good deal of empathy and sympathy for others and their plights. I do think most would agree on a few words in particular, though: Intelligent, outspoken, caring.