Chapter 15

The spiders had been interesting. The large one was quite amazing having actually learned human speech. His children were bothersome though. So greedy for Harry's flesh and blood. Harry had easily made a shield charm around him-self and left unharmed. Once he had made it to the edge of the spider's territory he had run into a few centaurs. They had looked at him, told him he should not be in the forest then left. Harry had shrugged and headed back anyways.

He had exited the forest in time to see some ministry officials leading Hagrid away. The poor fools thought he had opened the chamber before and was doing it again. Harry had watched silently from the edge of the trees. Lucius Malfoy had been one of the officials. The man had actually spotted Harry to. Their eyes had met but the man hadn't pointed his rule breaking out. Just smirked at him and walked off. That left Harry back in his room eating the chocolate cake. It was good he had to admit. It tasted even better as he thought of the chaos going on and the fact he could stop some of it, but wouldn't.

.-.

Harry gazed at the simmering red liquid. It looked like blood. He was almost tempted to run his hand through it, but he knew that wasn't safe in potions class. A shadow fell over him and he knew Snape was gazing over his shoulder.

"And what, Mr. Potter, is that?"

"A fever reducing potion." He said easily ignoring the few people casting them nervous glances.

"And why did you make it?"

"I like the color." He said only loud enough for Snape to hear. "It reminds me of blood."

He could feel the man tense.

"Detention Mr. Potter. You were supposed to make a pepper-up potion."

The boy took it in stride nodding and turning to study the potion. His fingers twitched as if they wished to dip into the potion.

.-.

Harry glanced at Snape. The man sat marking behind his desk. Harry slid into the room silently and stepped up behind the professor. He reached his hands forwards and gently brushed Snape's throat from behind him. The man tensed in surprise. Harry swept his hands back, finger tips dragging softly against his throat. Harry grabbed his hair and pulled it back gently as if to put it into a pony tail. Then he stepped beside Snape letting his hair fall free. The man was watching him with narrowed eyes. Harry reached up and gently grabbed Snape's arm. Snape tensed and went to jerk his arm away. Then he looked into those emerald eyes and seemed to freeze. Like a full body bind. His sleeve was gently shoved up and Snape could only stare into green eyes. Finally the Harry pulled his gaze from Snape's eyes and looked down at the arm. The man didn't move even as he ran a finger around the dark mark, tracing it in slight interest.

"So dark." He muttered.

He let a small amount of his magic 'scan' it.

"Ah. So it acts as a portkey when activated by the magic that made it. It's also like Health Revealing Spell, but shows you if the maker is unhealthy, not shows the maker if you arte unhealthy. Interesting."

Snape's eyes widened as the boy talked. Then the boy pulled his arm up so it was closer to his face to study.

"It gives you pain when it summons you."