Chapter 10

"Feel it. Love it. Need it." Noir hissed.

"Or it will destroy you." Maen snarled.

Harry took a claming breath ignoring the vampire and the werewolf, but listening to their words. He wrapped the fire around him. He had never tried more then making flames and shaping them slightly before. And when it had surrounded him it had always been an inch from his skin, his magic shielding him form the heat. Now he wrapped the tendrils of flame right around his skin. It could choose to hurt him, or leave him be. It had a mind its own sometimes.

He felt his skin itch with the uncomfortable heat. Then it became comfortable and he opened his eyes watching as the flame danced all across his skin. He was one giant fire ball and it felt wonderful. He embraced the fire helping build it up, cooing to it, loving it, needing it, but not controlling it. He threw his arms out and the fire leapt from him spinning around him like a hurricane. Slowly he pulled it back to him where it wrapped happily around his skin once more before slowly extinguishing. Noir (vampire) and Maen (Werewolf) both grinned. He had it for now.

.-.

Harry looked at the two blades in his hands. One was silver, about a foot long and deadly sharp. It had plain black leather wrapped around the handle. The second blade was a foot long and slightly curved. It was made of a metal that channelled magic. It was rare and very expensive. The hilt was wrapped in the same black leather. There was also a rune etched on the blade, just above the hilt, for fire. Harry slid first knife in the leather sheath inside his black leather boots. The second knife was tucked at his waist.

It was hidden from sight by his black cloak, which was quite in looks but waterproof and warm. It was held shut with a silver clasp in the shape of a flame, with a ruby for a crescent moon and a sapphire for a rose. The clasp looked innocent but it was anything but. Any Werewolf that saw the crescent moon on it would immediately know he was under the protection of Maen. Maen was the strongest and oldest werewolf alive. He was a lone alpha. No werewolf would go against him. Noir was the prince of all vampires. He wasn't the oldest, but no vampire would go against him. All obeyed him without question, though he rarely ordered them around, or even visited them.

But it made Harry safe. The one small pin would keep him safe. At least from Vampires and Werewolves. The very few others that recognized the pin would also be wary. Harry fingered it idly. The flame had been his own design. He had wanted something that was his. He ran a finger along the edge careful not to cut it on the sharply carved edges. It was also very nice. He liked Maen's moon the best. He had always loved the color of blood.

.-.

Noir and Maen. They were very close. Harry often wondered if they were lovers, but never asked. It was their privacy. They were also very confusing. They could go from mothering to him, to practically killing him with training, to staring at him as if her were so far away from them. They were sometimes open around him telling him everything, and at other times they were cautious like he was an unwanted guest. One moment they were smiling at him, a second later and they were snarling at him.

In the evenings they always sat together in the library of the manner the two shared and either had book lessons, or just relaxed. It was times at these Harry would find them watching him closely, asking many of his opinions on things, or just silently following him about. They seemed to want to like him, to accept him as one of their friend. But then they would glare as if he were something they would never like. Harry knew there was no love between them, but he still saw them as friends.