"You don't have to be snarky about it." Damon tells her

"I woke up this morning to learn that all the vampires have been released from the tomb. I've earned snarky." she replies.

Damon sighs. "How long are you going to blame me for turning your birth mother into a vampire?"

"I'm not blaming you, Damon. I've accepted the fact that you're a self-serving psychopath with no redeeming qualities."

"Ouch." Damon says sarcastically.

"Get over yourself, Elena" I say. She scowls at me.

"This isn't being very productive. We're gonna figure out a way to deal with Pearl and the vampires. Yeah?" Stefan says, trying to break the tension.

Damon walks over to Scarlett, picks her up and heads into the kitchen. I give Elena a scowl of my own and follow him. He sits Scarlett in her high chair and gets her a snack.

A little while later I walk into the parlour with Scarlett, ready to go see Grams. Damon is fixing the clock on the wall.

"Look at you, Mr Domestic." I say with a laugh. He gives me a smirk.

Stefan walks in, ready to go out.

"Hunting party?" Damon asks.

"That guy did a number on me last night when he stabbed me. I gotta get my strength back up." Stefan replies.

"I've got two litres of soccer mom in the fridge. No?" I chuckle at Damon.

"We'll talk when I get back?" Stefan asks.

"All right. Give my regards to the squirrels." I chuckle again as Stefan leaves.

Damon finishes with the clock and closes the glass front. He climbs down and comes over to us. He kisses Scarlett on the head before giving me a lingering kiss on my lips.

"Be careful in this storm. I love you." He says.

"I will. I love you." I reply and head to Grams.

~°*°~

I arrive at Grams and she lets us in. I settle Scarlett on the floor playing with some toys.

"I need you to help me learn how to take down a Vampire. Two came to the house last night and threw a brick through the window. The only thing I could think of was 'motus' but obviously that doesn't stop them."

"You already know how to give them an aneurysm" she tells me.

"Of course" I reply with a facepalm.

"I can also teach you how to snap a neck, but obviously we can't practice."

"I'm sure I can practice on Stefan next time he annoys me" I chuckle.

She teaches me the spell and we work on a few others. I finally pluck up the courage to ask about my parents.

"So, errr, what do you know about my parents?" I ask.