[𝐈𝐑𝐋]

Wilbur smiled at his phone. He felt accomplished. The man let out a, "Yes!" as he gathered a few materials. He was in his apartment, preparing to leave to go to the office.

There was an extra skip in his step as he happily walked down the street. He was humming the tune to his own song. For some reason, the lyrics of I'm in Love With an E-Girl seemed to have a brand new meaning. He tried to wipe his thoughts.

I'm not in love with her. We're just friends!
Friends isn't a bad thing. Not at all.
...
I hope she's at the office.

Wilbur continued humming until he arrived at the building. He opened the front doors and headed into the lobby. He figured he had time so he sat down in the front chairs and pulled out his phone. With a grin, he opened Twitter.

[𝐓𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐑]

wilbur [wilbursoot]
@/dream 3-5 business days...
|
dream [dream]
teehee @/elinorsage
|
wilbur [wilbursoot]
WHY'D YOU TAG HER
|
elinor [elinorsage]
wha- ????
|
dream [dream]
i can hear wilbur's nervous laughter from here and i'm in a different continent
|
elinor [elinorsage]
??

(replying to wilbursoot)
poppy [twpoppy]
what? what does this mean??
[retweeted by elinorsage]
|
coraline [notcaroline]
mood

(replying to wilbursoot)
lorraine [lorrainelikesmemes]
the entire fandom trying to decode this shit like:

(replying to wilbursoot)lorraine [lorrainelikesmemes]the entire fandom trying to decode this shit like:

|
nishinoya [ramenlovingnoya]
BAHAHAHA TOO TRUE 💀💀

for da simps [mcytmemecentral]
enjoy

for da simps [mcytmemecentral]enjoy

|
beef [beef_]
enjoyed. thank you.

[𝐈𝐑𝐋]

Wilbur began bouncing his leg out of stress. He ran a quick hand through his hair as he began reading through the replies. Some made him smile, but he still felt nervous.

The front doors opened and Wilbur looked up from his screen. The odds were in his favor. Elinor stopped and the door closed behind her. "Hey, Will!" She waved, walking towards him.

His heart dropped at the idea of her calling him a nickname.

"Hey," He strained, trying to figure out a nickname, "Elly?" The girl began laughing and he looked mortified. Was that too much? That was definitely too much.

"It's fine to call me nicknames," Elinor settled down, seating herself beside him. "El, Elly, etcetera. But how are you?"

"I'm doing great, you?" He smiled as he attempted to stop his jittering leg. She shot him a warm smile.

"I'm doing pretty well! Guess what!" Her demeanor changed from happy to absolutely ecstatic. Anyone could have noticed that. Wilbur shrugged, gesturing for her to tell him. "I got into MCC! I'm so excited to finally be in the games!" She shouted. "I'm on the Red Rabbits!"

A big smile spread across Wilburs face as he acted like he didn't know. "Elinor, that's awesome!" He smiled. "I think I'm on the Green Guardians."

Elinor's face contorted to a fake competitive look. "I'm definitely going to beat you."

"Bring it on," He smirked.

a/n:
lmao not me making whole ass memes for this book 🤭 stay hydrated!!

word count: 817