Prat, she thought, but with affection.

He accepted the mug of coffee with a small smile and Hermione's heart fluttered. Not a smirk, not a sneer, but a real smile.

Good Godric, she was a goner.

I want you every day for the rest of my life.

Hermione turned back to the stove swiftly, lest her face give her away. If Draco noticed her strange behavior he made no comment, and she heard him take a seat on one of the stools.

"How're you feeling this morning? Do you want any more pills?"

"Nah, you gave me coffee, I'm cured of all mortal ailments."

Hermione laughed and prepared two plates piled high with bacon and eggs. A light piano melody filled the silence.

"This song is much better," asserted Draco.

"It's the same song."

"One must not tell lies, Granger."

Hermione snorted into her tea. "Believe me or don't, but this is the second part of the song. Figured you'd take to it, you favor piano."

"Was that a thinly veiled way of calling me a snob?" He drawled.

Hermione whirled around and stuck her tongue out. "Snob," she enunciated and earned a playful glare.

She joined him at the counter and they ate in companionable silence for a few minutes, listening to the radio. Draco broke it when he delicately placed his fork on his plate and cleared his throat.

"Granger, um... look about last night..."

Hermione froze. Oh sweet Merlin they were going to talk about it and she could already tell Draco felt uncomfortable. Wonderful. Yes, go on, let's talk about how you perplexed and astounded me with the weight of your feelings only for you to now backtrack and make me feel like a lovesick idiot.

"Look I... I owe you an apology."

Hermione turned to face him fully. He fidgeted on the stool and rubbed a hand down his face with a long-suffering sigh.

"Whatever for?" Was he going to take back his words? Say he didn't mean them? Tell her this is moving too fast and he needed time away from her?

If possible, he looked even more nervous. Pink patches appeared on his pale cheekbones and he kept his eyes still firmly on his half-finished breakfast.

"I shouldn't have treated you in such a manner when we were... when we were uhh..." Draco gave another awkward cough.

Shagging? Screwing? Fucking like mad?

"...when we were together. I fear I may have said things that were highly inappropriate..."

Oh did you ever and oh Merlin was it sexy.

"...and I handled you far too roughly..."

I liked it. I loved it. I want you to do it again and again and again and again...

"...being drunk is no excuse, so I hope you can accept my apology for being so um... improper and forward with you... I hope I haven't ruined things between us."

The only things you've managed to ruin, Draco Malfoy, are my knickers.

"Oh gods, Granger... I didn't even ask permission to be with you and I'm so sorry."

She could only stare as he hung his head in shame. This was not the conversation Hermione had expected this morning. He felt guilty for talking dirty? He was ashamed for acting something less than deferential to her during sex?