"I'm D. Can I help you?" The man asked.

Harry gave him an unreadable look. The man looked slightly curious now.

"Ah, just browsing. You are free to look around."

Harry stood and set off to look around, ignoring the man's eyes. He could already tell the man wasn't completely human. He came to a large room with a snake on the door. He stepped in to find it divided into large sections which held numerous snakes. He walked past a few before stopping at one. It held only one snake. The snake was about three feet in length. It was a deep, deep maroon, almost black. Its eyes were silver. It looked up at him and tasted the air.

:Hello.: Harry said.

The snake blinked.

:Hello?: It returned questioningly.

:You are very beautiful.:

The snake raised its head slightly, flickering its tongue out.

:Why thank you.:

Harry leaned against the small glass railing and closed his eyes. He reached out and brushed the snake's mind with his 'Power'. It was an energy in him he had discovered he could do almost anything with. He felt the snake's content seep into his mind and relaxed slightly. He could almost feel how happy the snake was about being warm and full. He basked in the feeling a moment before pulling from the snake's consciousness. His eyes opened to find the snake wrapping around his body. He allowed it, liking the feel of the smooth scales over his skin.

:I think you are beautiful too. As far asss humanssss go.: It hissed.

Harry smiled just slightly and sat down on the ground, leaning against the railing, the snake wrapped comfortably around him. Harry closed his eyes again feeling a tinge of happiness well in him. The snake rested his head in front of Harry's.

:You're lonely.: It stated.

:Very.: Was all Harry said.

:Take me home with you. I ssshall be your friend.:

Harry wished he could. He really did.

:I can't. My relativesss would kill you. I would not want that.:

The snake seemed to peer at him a moment.

:My name isss Ne.:

:And mine isss Harry.:

The snake rested its head on his shoulder and for about five minutes Harry just relaxed in its presence. Finally he stood. He gently allowed the snake to slide back into its home.

:Maybe we will meet again.: The snake hissed.

:I would like that.: Harry said smiling once before walking off.

He found his way back to the door and found the owner D there. D watched him with a smile.

"We hope to see you as a customer again someday."

Harry didn't question the 'we'. He looked around and then nodded and walked out. Through the cheery paint and relaxed air he had spotted the morbid smirks and the fake pleasantries and he liked it.