Part 1: Chapter 28

Chapter 28: All the Way

Ethan sits excitedly on the steps in front of his house. He became too impatient waiting inside and decided that confirming that Chris wasn't driving up every two seconds would help. It did help, but only slightly. Ethan was sitting on the edge of the step, brimming with excitement for the day to come. Today, he was going on another date with Chris. In the three months that they've been dating, this would be their third date.

Unlike the other two, Ethan was the one who set this one up. Chris was still picking him up because the other boy was the one with the car, but he was going to be following Ethan's lead today. Even that premise excited him.

Ethan knew Chris very well and thus was confident that Chris would love what Ethan had planned for them. Now all he had to do was to wait for Chris to get there. After another five minutes of bouncing his knee up and down in anticipation, Ethan finally saw a familiar black car coming down the street.

In his eagerness, Ethan left up from the concrete. Before Chris had rolled the car to a proper stop, Ethan already had his hand on the door handle. Chris waited to chastise him until Ethan had opened the door.

"Ethan, be careful. Something could go wrong when you get too close to a car that's moving." Chris told him seriously, a worried expression tightly twisting up his large features.

"Sorry." Ethan apologized flippantly, his grin still wide on his face. "Afternoon, babe."

The concerned pinch of Chris's eyebrows softened, giving way to a warm, loving smile.

"Hey." He said in return, leaning in to place a quick peck on Ethan's lips. "I missed you."

"I missed you too."

Like the two love-sick fools that they are, Chris and Ethan stop for a moment, staring into each other's eyes silently like all the secrets of the world were stored in the other's irises.Ethan breaks the connection first, hi brain still buzzing eagerly from his plans for the day.

"Okay, let me put the address into the car gps so you can't see the name." Ethan instructed firmly, waiting as Chris clicked a few buttons, allowing for the gps to appear on the car's large screen. Ethan is a bit nervous that, while watching Ethan type in the address, Chris might recognize it and guess where they're going. However, the street number and name seems to ring no bells in Chris's mind and he begins driving without a word about it, to Ethan's relief.

In the silence that follows their departure from Ethan's house, Ethan took a moment to assess what Chris was wearing. At Ethan's request, he'd left behind the jeans or track pants he typically wore and opted instead for a more fitted pair of fabric shorts. Ethan thought that he should wear them more often because they framed Chris's thighs and calves very nicely, showing off the muscles gained after years of running for rugby. It seemed like he'd worn a regular t-shirt but later, once Ethan had the chance to touch it, he'd discovered that it was a moisture-wicking material designed for sweating during physical activity. When Ethan told him to dress to sweat, he took it to heart. Now Ethan's basketball shorts and faded camp t-shirt seemed far too thoughtless.

But, they've already left his house. Now wasn't the time to change. Ethan reminded himself that he didn't have to impress Chris with his looks anymore. Over the three months that they'd been together, Chris made it very clear that he found Ethan attractive at all forms and levels of dress.

Ethan clenched his fists to try to quickly steer himself away from that train of thought. He needed to stay focused. This was going to be a sweet thing for Chris. He wasn't about to distract from that with his lust. There were going to be plenty of other opportunities.