Chapter 47 - The wilting flower

Start from the beginning

"Anyways, you said you'd help with my style right?" I asked.

"Mmmhhmm, speed off my knight!" She cheered.

I chuckled and started to push her again, going at a jogging pace toward the nearest clothing store.

"High ho silver!" She cheered with a giggle.

Soon I started to slow down and came to a complete stop. I could hear the pop music secreting from the place. The store was all white and looked pretty retro. It was like a store for Ken and barbie dolls. I'd never step foot in a place like this...

"Alright my Knight, it's time to get you some new threads." She hummed.

"Do I really need to..."

"Considering you've been wearing the same style since I've known you. I think it's time for an upgrade." She reached up and patted my hand. "First of all, I don't think this place suits you. You're very active, I think a skater look would suit you better."

"But I don't even skate.." I mumbled.

"Don't whine, come on! Getty up Silver!"

I sighed and turned from the shop.

"Whatever you say Princess!" I cheered as I rode off.

...

"See, doesn't that feel great!"

"I mean, it's better then the pink bunny shirt you had me wear."

I walked out and stood in front of her, slowly turning around for her.

"I just wanted to see you in a tight cute shirt. Show off those guns!" She replied as she looked me over.

I blushed and looked away. First Elizabeth and now her..

"What's with you girls always teasing me?"

"It's because you're so cute when you're flustered." She chuckled.

"So not fair.."

I was wearing an open dark blue and yellow checkered flannel that was a bit long. And under that was a white T-shirt. Over all of that was a new dark blue zip hoodie. Then below the deck I had ripped light blue jeans and dark blue and white Van's.

The pants were loose, I could run and kick in them all I like. Plus the shoes were actually pretty comfortable. No holes lining the bottom of them like my old sneakers.

"I kinda like this, but I could do without the flannel underneath. It feels a bit extra."

"What! No way! It pulls the whole thing together!" Annual huffed. "Don't forget I'm in charge of the style choices here."

I groaned.

"Well this is the last outfit I need. I've gotten plenty of joggers, shoes and shirts. Plus two new hoodies. I think we're good here."

"Not yet, one last thing before we go get the Gremlin."She held up her hands as if she wanted me to pick her up. "Wheel me off silver!"

"You promise we can hit the comic book store after?" I asked as I walked over to her and wheeled her to the front.

"I suppose the generous princess Annual will allow her handsome Knight to soil his brain for a little." She teased.

I took the clothes from her lap and bowed.

"Why thank you my princess." I joked as I set the clothes on the counter and paid.

Then I gave her the bags and wheeled her off, toward wherever she was directing me. And it soon became clear where she was taking me. Some kind of hippie store. It had the yin yang symbol on the front and on the inside I could see buddha statues, fans, questionable jars and rolling mats. And there was a strong sweet aroma coming from inside. I was guessing it was incense burning in there. Totally a hippie store...