And So We Meet Again

"Jade? Jade Lawrence? Do we have a Jade Lawrence present?" bellowed the biology teacher. I hadn't bothered learning his name. I didn't like him. His voice was too damn loud and it seemed intimidating.

I raised my hand at the sound of my name. I was really out of it today, especially since I saw Aaron earlier. It had been at least two hours since I saw him in front of the school, but it felt like I saw him a minute ago. I wondered who the hell was the slut of a girl that was under his arm.

I had to snap out of it. Aaron was the past, and I had to focus on the present. And presently, my bio teacher was taking up the whole period, taking our attendance. We only had three minutes left and then I would be off to my next class, English. I liked English. I loved to write, so I was looking forward to my next class.

So far high school was a bust. My first class, global history, blew mine. Mr. Galipiño seemed nice and cool. But I started hating the class after he asked us to take notes off the board. Now this class, Mr. I don't give two rats' asses about - what I decided to call him- was a buffoon. Everything about him seemed to contradict one another. His booming voice against his scrawny little, frail body. His accurate attire against his boring character.

But worst of all, I hadn't seen Sharina or Taj all day.

The bell finally rang and I grabbed my stuff, rushed out of my seat and out the classroom door. I was well on my way to my next class until some kid brushed past me and knocked my stuff onto the floor.

"Stupid ass school with it's stupid ass crowded hallways." I mumbled as I kneeled to the floor to retrieve my things.

"Hey, let me give you a hand with those!" yelled a smooth, deep voice.

I looked up. The boy who stood in front of me was so sexy. I noticed that he had brown-hazel eyes and a honey-milk chocolate complexion. I could tell by his attire that this boy had swagg. I watched as his muscles flexed as he reached down, gathered my things and handed them to me.

"Umm...Th-tha-thanks." I stuttered, wondering why a guy like him was talking to me.

"No problem. I'm Brian. Brian McKnight." he said, grinning, showing off the cute dimples off the sides of his face.

"And I'm...umm..Jade. Jade Lawrence." I said.

He continued to grin and I couldn't help but get hypnotized. I didn't even notice that we were just standing there, in the middle of the hallway.

"Yea, I know. We're in the same bio class. I meant to introduce myself since we'll be sitting in alphabetical order for the rest of the year, but you seemed...occupied." he said.

"Oh...I'm sorry...just trying to get used to this school." I apologized. I felt so lame at the fact that I ignored him.

"Hey, don't sweat that pretty lil face of yours. We can try again tomorrow." he said with a wink as he walked away, toward his next class.

I stood there and watched him leave. Damn he was fine. His smile was dangerous. I made a mental note to actually pay attention to what I choose to wear for tomorrow. And with that, the late bell rang.

"Crap!" I exclaimed, panicking.

I took a look at my schedule. I was on the third floor and my next class was in room 154, on the first floor. Just my luck. I hurried down the nearest staircase and looked for room 154. I prayed that the teacher wouldn't bitch about my being late.

When I found the room, I drew in a breath and pushed open the door. The class fell quiet as I walked in and made my way to the teacher's desk.

"Hi. I'm Jade Lawrence. I'm sorry I'm late. I just had some trouble find--" I started.

"That's fine, Miss Lawrence. We were about to get started. Since there's only one seat left you can claim it as yours." he said, cheerfully. I could tell that I was going to like him.

I turned toward the classroom. All eyes were on me as I spotted the only empty seat in the class. I glanced at the boy I would be sharing the desk with. His dark eyes met mine.

"Aaron." I whispered under my breath. I made my way to my seat,  reluctantly, and slowly. I wanted to scream. No, I wanted to throw up. Why was Aaron here? Why was he glaring at me like that. He was the one who broke my heart. He was the one who didn't tell me how much he loved me, not even a fuckin 'dido'. I finally took my seat and the class soon fell back into it's low murmur of chatter.

"So, you're gonna stalk my life now?" Aaron asked in a low growl.

I ignored him. Or at least that's what I think I did. He smelled so good today, like the day we were dancing in the club, when he held me so close...

"Why didn't you tell me you were going here? Jade answer me!" he commanded.

"Aaron, I believe I did tell you. I told you in my e-mails, and through texts. But you wouldn't know would you? You never hit me up since the day we left the cruise!" I snapped at him.

"You're a jackass, Aaron. You didn't even friend me on Facebook. Why'd you have to do me like that, baby?" I whined. The words came out of my mouth before I even had the chance to stop myself.

"First things first, I am not your 'baby'. Second, as far as anyone's concerned, me and you never happened, agreed?" he asked, his eyes piercing mine, waiting for my answer.

"Agreed." I choked as I started to cry.