Epilogue

In the end, Aaron got suspended for a month. I completely stopped talking to him. Lost his number and everything. I also advised my English teacher to move his or my seat. I didn't even want to look at him. Last I heard was that Janay cheated on him with one of his friends on the basketball team, Tramaine. He couldn't fight back since he was on probation, if he slipped up once more he would be expelled. I was praying for the day. He had two more years left in Chambers, he was bound to fuck up again.

Sharina and Taj still remained my best friends, but I also made new friends as a new cheerleader. I also made a name for myself. I was known as the bad-ass girl who picked a fight with Aaron Louis. Hey, it's not what I expected but it kept the jackasses away.  I was also a good dancer. Better than I thought I was. 

And as for Brian, he was starting to grow on me. The day of the fight, when I got home, I explained to my mom why my hair was sticky with milk. I didn't tell her the whole truth, about me going out with Aaron. Instead I told her about how Aaron said I was stalking him and threw milk in my face just to impress his girlfriend, and that Brian came to my rescue. She totally fell in love with him then, which made it cool when I told her that I was going out with him. D.J seemed to like him, too. 

Brian was definitely not what I expected to find here in Chambers. Him and I connected in a level too high for any other to reach. He wanted to join the basketball team, but decided against it since Aaron was on the team, and settled for football instead. He gave me a necklace on our six month anniversary. It had a huge "B" on the chain, and on the back were the engraved words that read "9/13/08. I love you, not for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you." And that's all I needed.