It's A Small World

"So, Jade, are you excited for your first day of high school?" my mom asked.

I rolled my eyes. My mom could be so annoying. This was the umpteenth time she had asked me if I was ready for my freshman year of high school and she was making the car ride to Chambers High School a bit unbarable. Don't get me wrong, she is a hell of a mother, but she knows how to work a nerve. My mom is pretty much like me, except that she's more boring. Ever since my jerk of a dad left us for his younger mistress, my mom has been a bit clingy to me and my brother, Derwin Jr. I understand the hurt she feels but all of the attention is really unnecessary.

"No, mom. I've been telling you 'no' since the middle of August." I replied.

"You sure look like you're ready, sweetheart. Just look how cute you look in that new outfit I bought you!" my mom complimented.

"Gee...thanks mom." I said sarcastically.

My outfit was not that great, even though I'd been planning what I would wear for this day for weeks. I finallly decided on a yellow spaghetti strap shirt and white capris with my fresh, new, yellow kicks from Foot Locker. My hair was straightened and was styled and cut during the summer. I had gotten new bangs and layers. Since today was an extremely hot day, I decided to rock my white shades.

My mom finally gave up getting a conversation out of me. There was complete silence in the car now except for the occasional annoying sounds coming from DJ's DSi. Then I started thinking about how life would change after those first steps into Chambers High. I was definitely glad that my best friends, Sharina Clark and Taj Williams, that I've known since God knows when, were also attending the same school. Then I started thinking about all the boys I would meet.

I couldn't help but think about Aaron. It's been almost a month since I've seen him. He never called, never e-mailed and never texted. I felt so pathetic. Everytime I thought about all the things we shared, the tears started to form. I hated him, but loved him also. I always wished that I could get a second chance with Aaron, but I had to face the truth, Aaron didn't love me the way I loved him.

A tear fell from my eye. I wiped it away before my mother had the chance of seeing it. We were nearing the school and I started panicking. I looked out the passenger window to scavenger for Taj and Sharina. I spotted them and pointed them out so she would drop me off where they stood.

Taj was wearing a red t-shirt and some black swim trunks-at least that's what it looked like- and some black Nikes. Leave it up to Taj to make a big moment like this, a casual Friday. He had a muscular and tall build like most guys do when they work out, which he does alot of. He had lighttish skin and dark hair. Some girls would think him to be sexy. Hell, I used to crush on him madd hard. But that's a different story.

Sharina, on the other hand, looked poppin. She wore big ass, silver hoop earrings and bangles to match. Her outfits' main theme was hot pink, with a t-shirt that had the slogan written "Yea, I'm a freshman!! Move Bitch!!" and her hot pink high tops. She wore a plain white skirt that showed off her long legs and her hips. Sharina recently cut her hair into a bob which made her look even more attractive. She was definitely more developed than I was. She wore D-cups and had an hour-glass figure to her. We were both hot, but the only difference between me and her was that she took the bolder choices while I always played safe.

"Have a good day at school, Jade!" my mother yelled as I stepped out the car.

As my mother drove away, loud squeals came from Sharina and I. Taj trying to act as the cool guy, rolled his eyes.

"Damn, ya act like Taylor Lautner goes here." he said, as he laughed.

"Taj, can you stop acting like a joykill? This is high school! I'm so fuckin hype right now!!" exclaimed Sharina.

We had about fifteen minutes left before our first class began so we took the time to observe and chat about our summer. Chambers High stood about four stories tall, with a white exterior, and four tall pillars evenly spaced out in front of the school. There were all types of guys and girls here. I already spotted the group of kids who were all huddled off to the side of the school sharing a blunt.

"So any news of Aaron?" asked Sharina, interrupting the silence.

"Aaron?...no still no word from him." I replied, as my heart clenched at the sound of his name as it reached my ears.

"Jade, don't stress 'bout this guy, okay? There's probably a bunch of guys here who can help you get over that asshole. I know I'm definitely going to like it here, damnn!! Would you look at all these honies?" said Taj as he gave me an encouraging hug.

Sharina laughed, "As arrogant as that sounds, Taj is right."

I nodded in agreement. Maybe these fine-ass guys of Chambers can help me forget about that selfish bastard, Aaron. I looked at my watch and realized we only had five minutes to get our asses to class. It was bad enough that we were freshmen, so we didn't wanna look like the dumbasses who got lost on their first day.

"Uhh, guys we gotta go!" I said, a little bit freaked.

We rushed toward the tall pillars of the building, ascending the stairs. And just as we reached the front door of the school building, I saw him. With his arm draped around some girl. His eyes fell on mine and we eyed each other as if we were at war.

"Guys?.." I started.

"Yea?..." they asked in unison.

"I'm fucked." I replied, my gaze still wavering Aaron.