The Inquisitor and the Fallen Angel Get Closer to Each Other than Expected

'So that is how I jump?'

'Yes, just keep pushing that button as long as you want to jump and... and watch out where you're jumping.' Urushihara sighed.

He was teaching Suzuno how to play with his game console, with little success so far. He had tried a few times to teach her how to use the computer because she asked, but she was worse than anti-talented for technology, and the case seemed to be the same with the console too.

'I wonder how humans of Earth could create these devices without magic,' Suzuno said, concentrating deeply. 'I have never seen anything similar in Ente Isla. This is very interesting.'

'Yeah,' Urushihara nodded, and lay down on the floor. 'Demons use magic but it would be much less boring if they used it to create technology. Ente Isla and even the Demon Realm seem exhaustingly boring now.'

'Lucifer!' Suzuno exclaimed terrifiedly. 'Don't leave me here with this... device! These miniature green people just keep coming...!'

'They are zombies,' he sighed and sat up. 'Oh,' he looked at the console screen. 'I have never seen anyone dying so quickly.'

'This game is getting more and more annoying,' she said. 'How could they create a miniature warrior without any weapons to fight undead creatures?!'

'You have weapons, you just died before I could explain,' Urushihara said, and then positioned himself half-behind her. 'So, start again.'

'With this button?'

'Yeah.'

It was a mild torture but she finally managed to complete the first level after an hour. Urushihara sighed and bowed his head, almost hitting Suzuno's shoulder.

'You're not a quick learner,' he said.

'I could say the same goes for you. Washing clothes does not mean putting them in water and leaving them there. Still not.'

'Oh, come on!' he looked at her. 'I am much more useful now than I used to be! When Ashiya went to nurse Emi, I washed the dishes and they sparkled! I even mopped the floor...'

'You started it and I finished because you slipped on the watery floor and hit your back in your boxes,' Suzuno interrupted.

'Come on...' he bowed his head again. 'Everyone says I'm useless and I hear it! I'm always here!'

'I don't think they say that these days since you go shopping with me sometimes.'

'Yeah, maybe...'

'Now, do you think I should try level two?'

'If you'd like to,' he shrugged. 'That's not that difficult.'

Suzuno started and concentrated as much as she could, exclaiming sometimes either in a terrified or a relieved tone.

'You really don't seem that cold-blooded assassin now,' Urushihara murmured. Then his eyes wandered lower and he noticed their position. He was still half-behind Suzuno, but if he sat a little further and put his leg on the other side of her, he would be completely behind her.

He felt this thought very embarrassing, but couldn't detract his attention of the things they had talked about after Emi's outburst. After thinking it over and over for minutes, he moved. He was close to her, but didn't touch her, and she didn't seem to notice the change of his position. He could see the console screen now over her shoulder.

'Oh!' she exclaimed when she lost the game. 'I was so close to the end of this level for first try! And now I have to start over, right?'

'Yes, you lost all your lives,' he said and pushed a button, reaching out for the console beside her. 'Now you have to complete level one again, but I guess it wouldn't take that long second time.'

It didn't indeed, but Urushihara didn't really pay attention to the game, he was just staring at Suzuno's back in front of him. When she was already waiting for level two to load, just as a sudden thought, he moved and slowly put his arms around her waist.

Suzuno almost jumped in surprise, also scaring Urushihara.

'L-lucifer!'

Her whole face was red and so was his. He recoiled.

'I-I'm sorry,' he stuttered. 'I won't do that again...'

'I... I did not say I don't want it,' she managed to falter out somehow. Urushihara's eyes widened, but then he moved again, hugged her from behind a bit awkwardly and lay his head on her shoulder. They didn't look at each other, but neither of them noticed that the character in the game console had already died three times.