Chapter Five: Responsibility...

Previously....

"Onii-chan? That's a bit...."

"We can't?" They said looking at you with sad cute fox and cat eyes

"Urk....Umm...*sigh* I guess it's fine...." You agreed a little unwillingly

'Onii-chan? It's been soo long since I've been called that..Heh...Touya....How is he back there in Japan? Is he doing well? How's mom? I kinda miss him now...I do hope he doesn't end up like me... Touya...Mom I really do hope the both of you are doing well...'

☆☆☆☆☆

Present...

"Anyways, how about staying here for a while?" You asked "Both of you don't have any where else to stay right?"

They both nodded happily, Amane's tail shot up and wagged gently left and right while stuffing themselves with food.

"By the way, it seems the both of you were heading to the town, are the both of you running some errands?"

They went silent once more and stopped eating...You raised an eyebrow, they clearly want to say something but for some reason they can't say it.
They were just frozen while sitting on the chair, not being able to move and do anything. Seeing this, You then placed your hand on their head and gently patted them.

"If the both of you are still not ready to tell me, then don't tell me yet...I'll wait for the time that you'll be able to say it willingly, alright?" You politely said.

After they were done eating, you lead them to the living room then sat them down on the couch and continued to chat with them. It was very pleasant and very nice. They started to warm up to you while drinking Orange juice.

While talking they started to feel drowsy. You took notice of this and patted their head.

"Both of you are sleepy, right?" You asked.

"Oh..No we're alright." Amane shook her head and refused.

"Oh please, both of you are still growing. Stay here and rest for a while." You offered to them.

"B-but..." You cut her off.

"It's alright really! I insist." You lead them to an empty bedroom upstairs and set them up for them to sleep.

☆☆☆☆☆

After they were asleep, you then went of and flew to the mansion of the Count where the King is currently staying at.

You arrived in front of the Mansion, and you see that the security is extremely tight. You casually walked up to one of the guards and asked to be granted access inside.

The guard looked at you skeptically at first but then one of the Royal guards in patrol took notice of you and said that you are with them.

More guards can be seen guarding the courtyard and the halls of the Count's mansion.

Upon approaching the room where his royal highness is at, you were stopped once again by a tall and muscular man, his uniform us slightly different from the other royal guards.

'He's definitely a high ranking officer in the royal guards...' You thought.

"Please state your business with his highness." The man said in a loud voice.

"I am here as a hired adventurer by his highness, My name is Setsuna Mochizuki." You responded.

The man's glare intensified inspecting you up and down before turning to the door.