Chapter Six: Missing

☆☆☆☆☆

Previously:

"Raise your head.." Victor once again said.

She raised her head and made eye contact with the King. They were caught speechless catching themselves immersed looking into each other's, eyes. It was as if time stopped at that moment.

You noticed their attraction for each other, and felt really awkward as you felt that you have to say something to deal with this awkwardness but you also felt that you shouldn't say anything and let them have their moment..

'What the hell am I supposed to do now….' You screamed and died inside as you don't know what to do…

☆☆☆☆

"I think I'll leave for the day…" you said as you slowly headed towards the door. The two didn't notice you silently leave other than the count who just waved goodbye.

On your way to the exit, your phone suddenly started to Alarm. This startled everyone around you, but you quickly told them that it was you, and there's nothing to worry about.

It was an intruder alert from the house. You thought nothing of it, then you remembered about Amane and Yui.

You immediately got up and flew as fast as possible to get to your house as soon as possible and 15 minutes later you arrived at the Gate.

When you reached the front gate you noticed it was open. You hurried inside to find some windows broken and some things missing. You then went to the room where Yui and Amane were staying and they were gone and everything inside there is a mess.

Regaining your bearing from the initial shock you started to calm down for a bit and started to think. You came up with 3 hypotheses on what happened.

First, Yui and Amane managed to trick you and stole your belongings. Which triggered the alarm.

Second, Yui and Amane were kidnapped and the Kidnappers stole your belongings while inside. Which triggered the alarm.

Third, Yui and Amane triggered the Alarm, got scared, panicked and caused this mess.

You kept that on the back of your head for now as you looked for clues.

♤♤♤♤

Before you became a First-rate Adventurer, you went on countless adventures. Among those adventures was a month-long journey to the Paruf Kingdom as a guard of a merchant caravan.

Though you were excellent at wielding your sword...You're still a beginner at magic that is commonly used, here in this world. During this particular trip while on break an old man approached you.

"Valorous aft'rnoon young sir, how art thee??" Asked the old man as he approached you with a stick as a walking stick. Startled as you were not expecting a conversation you replied…"What?"

"May I sitteth next to thee??" Said the old man. "Yes, of course." You replied. He said his thanks and started to relax. "Is this thy first timeth going to paruf?" 

"Yes, this is my first time going to Paruf." You replied once again. "Thee square with the sw'rd v'ry well, young sir.  I did see how thee did handle those bandits earli'r, thee moveth with such finesse"

"Thank you, I also saw you wield magic, even though you're old you're very skilled."

"Exp'rience and wisdom cometh with age aft'r all.  Sayeth, young sir, wouldst thee liketh to learneth magic? I seeth most wondrous potential in thee, and i knoweth thee'll maketh a fine magician."