Chapter 3 - 3 Days to Go

Danielle's pov

Friday morning.

Time to go to work. I'm an assistant manager in a small restaurant. That position was originally made for me. Yes. There was no such position before but due to unexpected turns of events, the owner gave the position to me.

I accidentally saved her from a thief and she took a liking to me and everything is history.

" Good morning Miss Angeles, Mr. Madrigal is already in his office and is waiting for you.'' The guard at the door greeted me.

I looked at my wristwatch to confirm the time, it's still early. I checked my organizer and there's no meeting or anything that's been posted for today. So what is he doing here already?

I just shrugged my shoulders as I can't think of anything else.

" Thank you, sir and good morning! " and I gave him a small smile.

I entered the restaurant and greeted the staff that were cleaning and preparing for the opening. I make my way to the Manager's office. I knocked and waited.

" Come in," he said.

I opened the door and entered. Then suddenly the door closed behind me.

" You're late. "

I almost jumped from being surprised. I turned around and saw him leaning on the closed door with his arms crossed on his chest with a playful smile on his  face.

He's handsome like always. His hair looks soft to touch and his brown eyes look so deep and mysterious like he knows more secrets than the world has.

" You look good. "  I blurted out without thinking. I winced at myself, where the hell did that come from?

The smirk disappeared and instead was replaced by a slight blush. He cleared his throat and straightened up.

" I was talking about the outfit you're wearing. " I corrected myself quickly. Or I just put myself on another level of embarrassment?

He chuckled.

" This is what I always wear everyday, isn't it? " he said teasingly.

I blushed and felt more embarrassed.

" I didn't mean... well... it's not my intention... I... just meant..." oh how I want to disappear.

He stopped me from babbling.

" Just forget it. We both know what you really meant to say. " he said  and winked. Then he gave me his infamous smirk again.

Oh gosh. I really want to be buried under ground right now.

" Anyway, we should get going. " he said and headed to his table and grabbed his car key.

" Huh? Where? You don't have any commitments today? " I said and checked my organizer for the second time.

" No more questions, just follow me. " and he disappeared through the door. I follow him with so many questions inside my head.

After he ordered the Chef to be the person in charge while we were gone, we went to his car and drove outside the city.

" Where exactly are we going? " I ask after I realize we're already far from the busy city.

" My parents' house. " he answered calmly.
" What? Why? " I asked confusedly.
" You'll see. " he simply replied.

We drove for 30 minutes and soon we arrived at our destination. As soon as he parked his car, we got out and headed to the front door.
When we reached, we noticed that the door was wide open. So we walked inside.
It was a huge living room, with huge windows. It had elegant styles in every part of the house. Some of them were vintage and had a few new pieces of furniture here and there. The kitchen was also big and a bit modern looking with two large stainless steel appliances, one oven, a fridge, some counters and a stove. The dining area was huge with high ceilings, white walls, glass tables and big vases filled with flowers. A few framed pictures were placed around the house and one of them was their family picture.
Suddenly I heard a voice behind me.

" Hello sweetheart, how are you? "

I turned around with a surprise look when I saw his Mom, Erica Madrigal. She's holding a few stems of roses that seem she picked herself at the garden. She went to me and gave me a warm hug and a peck on my cheek.

" When did you come home? " I asked the sweet woman. She's been overseas lately. Visiting places here and there.

" Yesterday. That's why I asked Vince to bring you here today. I want to cook and eat with you. I terribly missed you my dear! " she smiles at me sweetly.

" Oh. Aren't you tired? You must need more rest. " I asked a bit worried.I glance at Ervin and he's just watching us with amusement.

" All I ever do is rest, my dear. Come, let's eat. Sit down, sit down. "

Well, I can't do anything but sit down and be her guest. This woman is so sweet and warm and caring. Ever since I helped her from that thief, she's always been a mom to me. She and Ervin know about how I ran away from home and the reasons why.

They have always been so loving and protective of me since then.

" I want to go somewhere on Sunday with you, Daine. " she suddenly announced.

My eyes went wide. That's Jess' baby's birthday.

Ervin noticed.

" Do you have plans that day? "

They both stare at me intently. Waiting for my answer.

" I... ahm that's my friend's baby's birthday and...

I sighed.

... I'm going to meet my parents. "

Yes. 3 days from now, I am going to face them.