epilogue // morning

Just the next morning.

Brett woke up to the sunlight filtering through the window, and in front of him is an... Eddy Chen already awake. Staring at him.

"Good morning, sleepyhead."

"Morning. When did we stop watching that romcom drama thing?" asked Brett, stretching. He rubbed his eyes and yawned. "Around 2 something... can I ask you a question?" Brett is confused but he figures it's not too serious. "Sure."

"What do you remember from last night?"

Brett closed his eyes, trying to think of what he could have said or done. Eddy doesn't look mad so it's probably not bad. Eddy took off his glasses and...

Brett felt heat rushing to his cheeks, and Eddy is looking at him expectantly. Is that a smirk? No, he must be seeing things. He still hasn't put his glasses on.

"So I uhh... confessed to you.. Huh," Brett said weakly, still trying to recall hazy memories. He really had to confess while drunk? Really? Great, now he can't even remember what he said or how Eddy looked like, how he reacted. Genius, drunk Brett, first you go off and kiss Eddy in the middle of the night then you confess. Why the heck do you do this, man?

"Do you remember what I said to you?" Eddy asked, which kinda made alarms blare in Brett's head. He sounded serious. What did he say, crap, crap, crap, Brett doesn't wanna play Canon in D in Eddy's wedding!

"Ummm, can you say it again?" Brett asked, hands fiddling with the blanket. Wait why are they in the same bed? What the heck is going on...

"I don't like you." Eddy said flatly. Brett felt his chest getting heavy, and he got ready to put on his deadpan face. Mask the disappointment. Maybe he can still fix this-

"I love you."

Oh.

Brett looked back at Eddy, incredulous. "Are you pranking me?"

"Dammit, you pour your heart out copying that mushroom head guy confessing, you little- Just kiss me already." Brett cupped Eddy's face, closed his eyes, and kissed Eddy. So soft, and so... Eddy.

"So I guess we're boyfriends now?" Brett asked, cheeks red from just kissing his crush, spacing out. It has been an overwhelming morning. Eddy nodded and Brett felt like bursting. After a decade of pining, suppressing... damn.

Good thing he didn't drink soda water.

Notes:

And it's done. This is the first piece I wrote in the TwoSet fandom and it was what returned me to fanfic writing so I guess a few good things came out of the lockdown.  Hope you enjoyed this, have a good day :)