getting fat

Strolling around the city + lunch impromptu date

After their little breakfast, they decided to stroll around the city. They walked around leisurely, stopping by in front of shops to look at displays showcasing food or some kind of foreign product. At some point, they came across a music store.

And by music store, it's specifically a guitar store. They decided to go inside anyways to check it out.

"Hey Brett, look at this guitar," Brett heard from across the shop. He left the basses he was looking at that reminded him of the little collaboration they did with a certain YouTube channel.

Brett found Eddy with the classical guitars. "Bro, it looks exactly like your dad's guitar. Except, you know, it has all six strings instead of three," Eddy said, gesturing to the nylon-stringed instrument, smiling brightly. Brett found himself smiling as well, taking the guitar and putting it in place, standing awkwardly. He's not exactly the best guitarist seeing his main instrument is the violin, but he does remember one piece he tried to learn once.

He plays the first few measures of Andantino in C Major, right hand fingers playing a clumsy pizzicato. Paganini is indeed the source of pain for many musicians, including classical guitarists. Looking up from his messy try at fingerpicking, he sees Eddy with his mouth slightly open, gaping at him.

"That was actually... unexpectedly good," Eddy said. Brett felt himself getting flustered, hand messing up his hair out of habit. "It's not really that good," Brett confesses. "My dad played it much better." Brett put back the guitar in its place, reminiscing about impromptu duets and unofficial guitar lessons. "Well, I think it's pretty good considering that you play a whole 'nother instrument."

"Violin gang still has bigger pp than guitar gang though," Brett said jokingly. He never really used guitar picks, and he remembers being enraptured by watching his dad's fingers nimbly going over strings making amazing music. Eddy laughed at that, and then they looked through the music books. They joked about guitarists not knowing how to read sheet music and playing pop music all the time.

As they strolled out of the shop, Eddy thought about what would be the funniest song to serenade Brett to. It has to be unbearably cheesy, and it has to be a pop song. Probably something by Shawn Mendes or Ed Sheeran. Shape of You pops into his mind and he laughs out loud, earning a weird look from Brett.

"Dude, should we do violin covers again? It's been forever since we did one," Eddy proposed. Brett looked down, thinking about it. Eddy secretly wishes he'd say yes so he can sneak in a few love songs to an unsuspecting Brett, but nobody needs to know that.

"Nah, I think we have enough videos to do. We still have to practice for the Sibelius drop." Eddy felt himself deflate at the reminder, "Simp Sibelius" ringing in his head accompanied by ding dings from a triangle. Right, they're like 420k away from the drop, and they still have a few promises to fulfill.

"You ever gonna practice Ernst's Last Rose of Summer?" Eddy asked with a knowing grin. "That video has had over 50k likes for forever, man." Brett's face deadpanned at that. Brett groaned with a grimace, "I already did the Tchaik drop, though. They don't know how hard it is to even just get the motivation to get my 40 hours in." Eddy laughed, knowing shared misery is more fun.

They passed by an arcade, and Eddy stopped walking when he spotted a crane machine. It had a koala in it that has the same expression Brett always carries, and Eddy found himself getting coins and Brett shaking his head at him with a smile.

"Dude, you know they're rigged right?" Brett watched Eddy, who looked way too excited. Eddy had a determined look in his face though, and Brett felt fond. Eddy tried once, twice, three times, each time steeling his face more after 2 seconds of defeat. On the fourth try, Eddy managed to snag the koala plushie. He hugged it and Brett took a picture of him then of both of them.