I turned back to my food and ate in silence, which wasn't really noticeable next to the commotion of Hermione and Ron's newest argument.

I knew that I shouldn't have snapped at Fred, I knew that he just wanted to help, but he couldn't help me by just saying I'm unsafe with a condescending tone. I know that he didn't mean any harm but all that's going to accomplish is make me feel bad about myself. I knew it probably didn't make any sense, but I just hated it when people felt the need to comment about what I ate, no matter what it was that they were saying.

I ended up forgetting about Fred when I joined Ron and 'Miones debate on whether or not divination should be a required class, Hermione arguing that there is no science behind it.

"There's no science behind any magic!" Ron exclaimed with that squeaky voice that he uses when he's mad, swinging his fork in the air.

"Yes there is!" Hermione refuted. "There's the energy sources that fuel the in the-"

"Ughhhh," I groaned. "I don't want a history of modern magic lesson 'Mione. Yes Ron, there is science behind magic and no proved science behind divination".

"Ha!" Hermione laughed smugly.

"But," I emphasized. "There have been many cases where divination has proved to have some kind of result. I mean, none of the future telling and other stuff has been random. You've seen Trelawny in action, you know, the work of a true 'seer' ".

"Ha" Ron said, mocking Hermione from earlier.

We continued discussing our classes and what we liked about them throughout the rest of dinner, and soon the hall was emptying so we all began to say our farewells and leave to head up to our dorms.

While I was walking away with Gin and Hermione, I felt an arm on my elbow pull me back gently and I turned around to see Fred.

"Hey, I'm sorry about earlier," he said sincerely. "I didn't mean to overstep".

"No, no, it's fine. I'm sorry I snapped at you. That's just a sensitive topic for me," I said with a smile that I meant to be reassuring.

He looked as if he wanted to say something else of concern, but he just nodded.

"Still see you tonight, right?" I asked while walking away backwards to Hermione and Ginny.

He nodded and waved as I turned back around and walked back to our room.

~~~~~~~~

"Alright, bye guys," I said to Ginny and Hermione after lacing up my shoes.

I was about to head out and make my way over to the lake to meet the twins. I had thrown on a pair of jeans and a hoodie and just thrown my hair up into a bun.

"Bye," Ginny spoke, barely looking up from her book.

While I walked through the school aided by the light of my wand, I made sure to listen for any teachers roaming the hall. Normally, most professors were in bed by the students curfew, something about 'setting a good example for the students', but they didn't have a curfew, so I couldn't be sure I wouldn't run into one.

Curfew was a big deal at Hogwarts. The school had always wanted all of the students in their rooms at ten and lights over by midnight, earlier for the younger years. I didn't always follow it, sometimes Ginny and I would rather hang out in the common room at night, but I never really left the rooms. I wasn't quite sure what the punishment for it was, but it didn't really matter.

Once I had stepped outside of the castle doors, it dawned on me just how eerie this all was. I mean, I wasn't just walking around anywhere late at night. I was walking through a place that housed werewolves, centaurs, giant squids and once Voldemort. I wasn't loving the feeling of walking around by myself.