"so what am i supposed to do? read a dictionary until he notices me?"

yoongi turns back to the cash register, shaking the tip jar to see how much they've made. a couple of cents from an old lady, and the daily twenty dollars from namjoon. "i think a thesaurus would be better, but as for him noticing you," yoongi hands him the twenty-dollar bill. "i think he already has, lavish kook."

———

"you're late, joonie," jimin says, stepping up the ladder and putting away a book. namjoon sighs, setting his bag on the front desk. "i know, i'm sorry. i just got caught up at the cafe, the book i'm reading is finally coming to the best part and—"

"just tell me that it was the cafe boy again and we can move on," jimin giggles, climbing down the ladder with a knowing grin. "it was not the cafe boy—" he cuts himself off by the look jimin was giving him, and namjoon huffs before groaning and rolling his eyes. "fine, it was the cafe boy, but the "cafe boy" has a name,"

jimin clicks his tongue and playfully smirks at his friend. "oh really? what is it, hmm?"

and if namjoon would have known what would have happened next, he wouldn't have told him, hell, he wouldn't have ever taken the job to become a librarian.

jimin bursts through the cafe doors, the little bell aggressively ringing, cutting through the calm aura of the aesthetic building. "who here is jungkook?" jimin exclaims, and namjoon is panting as he rushes behind his friend, a profuse blush finding itself on his cheeks when he spots jungkook's friend nudging him and jerking his head toward him and jimin.

jungkook smiles brightly at the sight of namjoon but frowns when he sees another guy with him. he glares at him. "he has a boyfriend?" yoongi whispers to jungkook, and jungkook panics. he turns to face yoongi, his eyes big. "he has a boyfriend? why didn't you tell me he has a boyfriend? oh my god, this is it, this is the end of jeon jungkook. yoongi, you can have all my tips from now on, i'm dead," yoongi shrugs. "okay, you said it yourself,"

jungkook crouches down behind the counter, watching as yoongi leans his head on his palm, his elbow on the countertop. "how can i help you?" he boredly says, blinking at the man namjoon came in with. namjoon cowers behind jimin, even though he is significantly taller than him, constantly shaking his arm and trying to pull him away from the front counter. "yeah, i'd like to have the special, i heard it's being able to talk to jungkook,"

namjoon groans from behind his co-worker and tries to tug him away again. "please, jimin,"

yoongi smirks and smugly smiles. "coming right up." jungkook whines in pain when yoongi reaches down—while still standing—and grabs his ear, tugging him up to stand as well. jungkook reluctantly does, and he's met with the sight of a much closer image of namjoon's friend. "h-hi," jungkook waves, and jimin shoves namjoon forward. "h-hello," namjoon stammers out, and jimin playfully scoffs from behind him, pushing namjoon closer. "i know that you talk to him on a daily basis, joonie, no need to stutter," namjoon cranes his neck and glares at his friend. "it would be better if you weren't here,"

jimin innocently smiles. "no one else is going to take the role of getting you two together, so that means it's mine."

namjoon's glare hardens. "if i weren't so against violence i'd stomp your dumbass into the curb." jimin only chortles.

yoongi smiles and pokes jungkook with his elbow, leaning to his ear and quietly murmuring, "look, you still got a chance, they're not dating," jungkook just stares at namjoon, who was bickering with jimin.

jimin takes a glimpse at the barista, before smirking at namjoon, grabbing the collar of his shirt and pulling him down so he could whisper. "he's staring at you, joonie, don't blow this for yourself,"