ch. 05 ♬ inclusion.

Start from the beginning

I got up and tapped Jean's shoulder to tell him I'd be in the library. Mikasa noticed Eren wasn't there anymore. "Where's Eren?" She asked.

"Uh- he went to the library?"

Mikasa got up and speed walked out of the cafeteria.

Jean sighed.

"So? Any ideas?" I asked.

"Yeah, actually! I wrote a song!" Jean made a smug face.

"I didn't know you were the musical type. Can I see?"

Jean handed me a piece of paper. It was slightly smudged. "I think she'll like it."

"We're no strangers to love. You know the rules, and so do I. A full commitment's what I'm thinking of, you wouldn't get this from any other guy-" I read under my breath. "Jean, these are the lyrics to Never Gonna Give You Up." I looked at him.

"I didn't think you'd notice..." Jean muttered.

"Jean. I think you need to first of all, not plagiarize a song, secondly, I think it should come from your heart. A good old heartfelt confession couldn't hurt, right?" I folded the paper and gave it back to him.

We walked together to the library.

"Wait." Jean stopped walking.

"What?" I turned around.

"Didn't you say that you liked someone else yesterday?" He tilted his head.

"I did, didn't I?" I kept walking, pulling out my book out of my backpack as I went.

"So? Who is it?" Jean caught up to me.

"I'll tell you if you write your poem or song or whatever."

"That's unfair!" Jean pushed me.

I opened the library doors to see a bunch of frantic students from my literature class.

Jeez. I guess they all know not to mess with Professor Ackerman.

Jean and I sat down next to Armin. Eren was practically pulling out his hair in anger while Mikasa read our assigned book.

I pulled out my laptop and book. Eren started grinding his teeth.

"What's Eren's deal?" I looked over at him.

"Apparently, the coach said that the team was fine the way it was, and they didn't need any first years. So they took down the sign up list. Now, everybody's scrambling to try to get into a decent extracurricular." Armin whispered.

I remembered how everybody was crowded around the club sign-ups.

We- we didn't want to even mess with the crowd.

"Pfft. I'll be joining volleyball, then. No way am I gonna be in a band." Jean opened his laptop.

"Tch." I heard a voice behind me. "Look at all of these desperate brats."

Professor Ackerman.

"Aw, Levi, maybe you didn't have to be so hard on them for the first day!" Hanji ruffled his hair.

"Hm. I think it'd be good practice." Professor Mike put his hand on his chin.

"Why don't you guys wanna join band? It's really fun!" Hanji dragged a nearby chair and sat down.

"It's lame." Jean scoffed and started typing.

"I wanted to beat those stupid Titans! Pound them to a pulp..." Eren muttered.

"I don't really care, as long as I'm with Eren." Mikasa stated. Jean frowned slightly.

"I actually want to." I said quietly.