Replacement [?] {Part II} (Male Reader)

"You're an idiot."

"I know..."

"But it's partly my fault for rejecting you so coldly like that." Shinichi sighed as he looked down at Kaito who's sitting crossed leg on the grass as he plucked out some of the grass as he listened to Shinichi's nagging.

Shinichi felt bad for you, he didn't told you anything about Kaito's past feelings for him after all and he didn't want to since he was sure that you'll give up once you found out. From the moment you started talking about Kaito to him, he already knows that you're falling for the magician. He wanted to tell you on that day that Kaito had once confessed to him but he didn't want to break your heart by doing so though he regretted it now as your sobs died down inside the house. You must've fallen asleep, he thought, since this is not the first time you had a break down over a guy, you cried for hours back then because your ex boyfriend cheated on you with girl and call you names right after that. Of course Shinichi didn't let it slide that easily as he found the guy and put him behind bars, not only because he broke your heart but because he found a pack of illegal drugs in his apartment. 

"It doesn't matter anymore, all I want now is to talked to Y/n and tell him that I'm already moving on from you. I might still be moving on but I'm sure that I love him.. I'm falling for him Shin-chan." Kaito whispered as he stand up then glanced at the door. For now, he'll give you some time, he didn't want to dropped it all in one go when you're feeling this way after all. 

The kiss earlier was already a confirmation that he had fallen in love with you. For the past 8 months of hanging out together, his feelings for Shinichi started to disappear in his heart and was replaced by you. It was not because you remind him of Shinichi, he love you for who you are and he'll do everything to make this right and for you two to start over again. 

Shinichi smiled as he saw the determination in Kaito's eyes and the smile he always puts on when he have his mind set on something, now he's sure that he had completely disappeared in the magician's heart. He was glad since he knows that compared to the guys you had gone out with, Kaito will be the only one for you from now on.

"Take care of my cousin alright? I won't think twice and tell the Police about your identity as Kaitou Kid if you break his heart."

***
[1 week later]

"Failed again?" 

"Yeah.. your cousin is really something else when it comes to running away from me." Kaito sighed as he plopped down onto Shinichi's couch. 

Today is the weekends and Kaito decided to dropped by into the Kudo residence to think of a plan to trapped a cinnamon roll on the run as Kaito describe you as. It was amazing how you can run away from him in a second upon making eye contact with him, to be honest it kind of break his heart since you look like a terrified rabbit seeing a hungry wolf (as Kaito describe it) whenever you run away from him.

"It's always been like that ever since we were kids. One time I made him upset and it took me and Agasa Hakase to corner him and apologize, after 2 hours of chasing him." Shinichi said as he placed a mug of hot cocoa for the magician to drink and a mug of coffee for him. You were indeed an expert when it comes to escaping and running away from others that sometimes Shinichi wants to put a tracking device onto you. 

"Yikes, no wonder you had a great stamina yourself." Kaito said as he sat up then drank the hot cocoa. The sweetness of the hot beverage cannot be compared to how sweet the kissed you two shared that day, he wished to feel it once  more, those soft lips of yours and your slender arms around his neck as you run your fingers through his hair...the moment is just so perfect but he had to ruined it all by saying Shinichi's name.