Kiss Under The Moonlight (Part IV)

A/N: Eyy I'm still alive in the middle of Hell Week!!

***

Genre: Romance, Drama, Tragedy[?], KaiShin

Date Published: October 27, 2020

[Present]

"You ready to see her after 6 months from your last visit?" Shinichi asked who's sitting at the passenger seat as he glanced at Kaito driving the car.

It has been awhile since the last time he got to hang out with the magician. His usually routine will be Magic show, hanging out with friends for a short moment then back to his apartment. Shinichi was worried that Kaito's depression might returned back again, it took a whole year before he got over it after all. During those first year, he will be visiting you everyday that everyone around him are worried that he might want to do something they wouldn't want to even imagine. 

"Yup, she must've been waiting for me since I suddenly stopped visiting her." Kaito respond chuckling as he stopped the car at a parking lot. 

Shinichi couldn't help but smile as he grabbed two bouquet of flowers on the back seat handing the other one to Kaito. The reason why Kaito stopped visiting you was because he was on a world tour during that time, two years ago when he finally got back on his feet again, he was recognized all over the world the moment of his debut. The detective wished you have seen the bright smile on Kaito's face on that time, it was one of the few genuine smiled he has ever shown ever since that tragedy. 

"Y/n, he's doing well now and I'm sure that this is only the beginning. He deserved so much more after all."

***
[Continuation of the flashback of that night ]

"Y-Y/n...Y/n...I love you too.."

Jodie-sensei couldn't take her eyes off the scene in front of her. It felt like she's watching herself when she mourned over Akai Shuiichi's death back then but she knows...she knows that this is far more painful for the Phantom Thief, the person you love the most dying in your arms must've been too much for him to handle. 

Wiping the tears, she glanced down beside her as she saw Conan looking down while closing the lens part of his watch. It was not his fault as well, nobody expected for Snake to be still conscious after being shot but they underestimated it. It was their carelessness that should be blame here for not checking.

"I wonder if I were in her position, will he reacted that way too?" Conan whispered as he smiled sadly at himself as he looked at Kid hugging you tightly in his arms, continuing to cry as quiet sobs escaped from his trembling mouth.

He felt guilty for thinking of such thought, he should be worried about you but he couldn't helped it. You knew Kid more than he do, his persona and now his alter ego as well while all he knows is Kid and not the person you called Kaito. It was funny for him that he ended up letting this Phantom Thief steal not only the jewels in Japan but also his heart. 

"Will you return it back like how you return back those jewels you stole?"

The answer is already in front of him. No.

***
[Present]

Nervous at every stepped Kaito takes as he nears to where you are, he glance at Shinichi who gave him a reassuring smile. It's gonna be alright. There is nothing to worried about. He take a deep breathe in and out as he returned the smile with a grinned. Back then, he was aware for the feelings the detective harbor  for him but he couldn't return it back, not because he's a guy but because his heart was already stolen by someone else, you. He was actually glad when he found out that Shinichi started going out with someone but he still haven't told on who's the lucky guy. He already have a guess on who but he doesn't want to jumped into conclusion.

"Say, when will you introduced me to you-know-who ?" 

"I don't know what you're talking about. " Shinichi denies as he walked ahead of the magician.

Kaito snickered as he quickly walked beside the detective. After walking for a few minutes they finally arrived, it felt like it was only yesterday when he last visited you. 

Tears started to formed on the side of his eyes as he smiled. It has been awhile since the last time he had saw you after all and he just misses you so much. Taking a seat on a chair beside your bed as he placed the bouquet of flowers on the nightstand, he gently grabbed your hand as he placed it on his cheek like the last time you did during that night.

"How are you? I'm still here, Love. Waiting for you to wake up."

***
A/N:  I finally updated though its kind of short lolol I hope y'all don't mind if I add a little Kaishin in this chapter. I might start making a Kuroba Kaito x Male readers since I also don't see much x reader for Kaito with male readers, what do you think?

P.S. So I don't know if the FBI Agents found out about Subaru being Akai since I'm only at episode 569 in Detective Conan but Imma make it a secret for now here.