The Crossroads of Destiny

Start from the beginning

"I'm great! It went great with the guru, I completely mastered the Avatar state." The lie detector determined that was a lie. He nervously laughs, "Yeah..."

"So Toph, you're sure you're fine?" you ask. She seemed awfully quiet since the kidnapping, you are worried for her but she seems fine.

The lame look she gives you for asking the same question again, followed by the sigh and the sly smile tells you a different story, "Gee, if the answer was yes the last five times, I wonder what it will be this time?" You can sense the underlying sadness but you make the executive decision to leave it be.

When you get to the palace, Kuei greets you all, "Hello everyone! To what do I owe this pleasure?"

"Aang had a vision." You say, "Where is Katara?"

"She's safe, I think she'd be at the house by now."

"But Aang's vision was so realistic that he had to take Sokka from his father." You reply.

"Trust me when I say this, Katara's fine! There's nothing to worry about."

"If you have to say that, there's usually something wrong." you mutter.

"But... in my vision, I felt so sure that Katara was in trouble."

"Well she met with the council of generals to plan the invasion... yeah. Since then she's been with your friends, the Kyoshi Warriors." Kuei recalls.

"See Aang? She's with Suki. They're probably back at our apartment right now talking about makeup or something."

"Something feels... off." You say, "I don't know what it is, Kuei, but something is off. It's a gut feeling."

Kuei shrugs and Aang says, "Okay Sokka, maybe you're right."

"Believe me, if there was any danger at all, Bosco's animal instinct would detect it. He's much smarter than your average bear." Bosco awakens, sees you and charges, crashing you onto the ground and licking your face.

"Big Guy, you're killing me." you groan. He tilts his head and lays down on top of you. "Kuei did any of the Kyoshi warriors say their name?"

"I remember a Mai." Kuei replies. That name sounds familiar.

"Alrighty then. Thank you for your time." You say, scooting out from underneath Bosco and bowing, then you all head towards their house in the city on Appa. When you land, you run inside. Momo flies towards Aang and latches onto him. He is visibly shaken.

"There's no one else here." Toph says.

"Katara is in trouble, I knew it!" Aang exclaims

"Oh no." Sokka whispers.

"Wait!" Toph says, "There's someone at the door." There's a knocking that follows and Toph's concerned face becomes a smile, "Actually, I know who it is! It's an old friend of mine." She opens the door and Mushi stands outside.

"I need your help." You and Toph smile welcomingly and Aang and Sokka freak out.

"You guys know each other?!" Aang shouts.

"Yeah. Dude makes some good tea." You reply.

"I met him in the woods once and knocked him down," Toph explains, "Then he gave me tea and some very good advice."

"May I come in?" Mushi asks. Toph nods and he enters, "Princess Azula is here in Ba Sing Se."

"She must have Katara!" Aang realizes.

"She has captured my nephew as well."

"Then we'll work together to fight Azula," Aang decides, "and save Katara and Zuko."